What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well. Methinks I am going to call it an earlyish night. Been a long week and escaping was an undertaking. Plus I gotta get back to my place to finish getting it ready for tenant move in this weekend.

Sent from a drainage ditch somewhere on an old rusty typewriter.

Second half pour. Even better as it warms up!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391139134.767735.jpg

Water.

Connecticut Huskies

Not digging the hopslam for 20 a sixer. I actually switched to hop czar at 4 dollars a six pack and like it more. Love hoppy beers but this hop slam isn't anything special.

Moved on to my fourth Limbo and feeling pretty good. That last Blast will make eight for the night.:drunk:

Taking it easy tonight, eh?

I should be asleep, but popped a brett'd BPA to see how the carb is coming. Tastes green still, but might end up being pretty good.

Taking it easy tonight, eh?

I should be asleep, but popped a brett'd BPA to see how the carb is coming. Tastes green still, but might end up being pretty good.

Yeah. Not going to hit hard until the weekend. I think eight ~8% beers is good for a work night. :tank:

Speaking of... having that fourth Blast now. Going to bed after. Gotta be semi-useful at work tomorrow.

Finishing off with my sparkling TARDIS Cider...bigger on the inside. 100% foraged crabapples. Almost completely clear. Almost bone dry. A little floral and peppery.

IMAG2535.jpg

At 8:30? Id hope not :D

I was in bed by 9 :D ... it's tough staying up late when you get up at 3:30.

What the heck is BORIS? Never heard of it and found out that a shop about 20 minutes from home has them. Is this a good price or am I overpaying for this if I go pick some up?

Buy it. All of it. And grab the D.O.R.I.S. too. Awesome beers!

Having coffee and thinking this will be a great end of the week. A three-box trade should land in Mesa today; I'm getting my case of Central Waters 16 and I think I won't have to go back to the stinkin' vet today! Oh yeah, and it is Friday! :ban:

finished coffee, time to setup the brew rig and fire up the water...wonder how long I'll last until cracking that first beer! i love brew days and no work!

I'm drinking coffee and based on the rambling below, I should switch to water...now.

Finishing off with my sparkling TARDIS Cider...bigger on the inside. 100% foraged crabapples. Almost completely clear. Almost bone dry. A little floral and peppery.
So, when you serve it up, do you add some truvia? I saw you mention that in another cider thread. I like some sweetness, I don't need tons but I like some. I am very curious about this crabapple cider you're making from the random tree. :) Also, if you ferment dry you don't have to pasteurize if you bottle because there's nothing left to ferment, right?
Just drove 65 miles in blizzard and snowy conditions. That calls for Buffalo Trace bourbon.
Send some here and I'll drink with you.
View attachment 176111

Kale and spinach smoothie (Looks gross, but it's really good). I have to offset the beer I'll be drinking this weekend...
I agree, gross, but I juice as well. I use a juicer, the texture you get from a nutrabullet, bullet, or vitamix is just difficult for me to get down. Lots of benefits to your way though for sure. Mine does wheat grass, which was a must for me. I do spinach, kale, carrots, beats and an apple. Often I don't have beets, so the apple is a must for sweetness and to cut down on the "earthy" taste. Also, juicing is a super great hangover cure. That and a **** ton of water and I'm usually pretty okay. Excluding times I go to beer festivals. Nothing cures that but reading my Will and thinking about how much I want to die.

I'll take your word on the taste since you're right - it looks gross! Where are the reddish flakes coming from - red pepper or carrot?

Goji berries.

It's

>~%50 Kale/Spinach mix
Strawberry/raspberry/almonds/flaxseed/goji/Mango/pineapple. small piece of banana.

I hate the taste of spinach, but I really like these smoothies.

Back