What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 174567
Was staring at my selection of stouts trying to decide on a closer.

Then I remembered something about some bull**** can beer day and figured this was the obvious choice.

Cheers

Nice glass. Speaking of which, they're supposed to be releasing Igor's Dream again. No way in hell am I waiting in line for one hour for beer let alone THREE HOURS.

The things breweries do. Even worse, people don't mind doing ridiculous things for a beer.

Couldn't decide on a beer in the cellar, so it's Weller 12 for a night cap. A choice I seem to be making a lot these days. I'm beginning to remember why I quit drinking bourbon. Thankfully I don't get stupid anymore, but it sure is easy to drink, especially when it's so darn cold.

Sometimes we can only remember after we forget

I had hoped to get to a tap takeover event featuring some selections from Anderson Valley Brewing Co., Boonville, CA. Unfortunately, it didn't work out. So...sitting at home with an HB stout. It's not bad, but I was hoping to check out a new place and some new brews. So...anybody out there know what I missed out on? Next week: Thirsty Dog.

IMAG2467.jpg

Flat warm hop juice... Took the whole dry hops out while kegging and let them sit in a glass, filtered and there you go
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390621158.575658.jpg

I think my taste buds are destroyed for the rest of the evening.

Hop Nosh. Got this today from WesleyS. Awesome IPA. Awesome glass, if you guys can't tell, that glass is shaped like a keg, effin awesome. Why is it so hard to find the "what came in the mail today'' thread on the mobile app?

1390621836522.jpg

Is that ok? We just got a keg of that at work but haven't tapped into it yet. 2 week old Hopslam... Past its prime gotta dump it. :tank:

Got two kegs of this at work too, haven't tapped them yet though. Hopefully real soon.

Attachments

• 1390622950280.jpg
    1390622950280.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 79
Yo! Ya gotta chill whit the N word!

:D

NIZZLE NIZZLE NIZZLE *WAITS* that's strange usually he appears lol

Wait, you're willing to share your mead? What do you want in return?

Some of my mead recipes are in the recipe section here. I'll happily trade some meads. I need to make another batch soon. I'm running out. What yo make?

NIZZLE NIZZLE NIZZLE *WAITS* that's strange usually he appears lol

Some of my mead recipes are in the recipe section here. I'll happily trade some meads. I need to make another batch soon. I'm running out. What yo make?

Well ****. I have some of my cluster pale ale, jolly holly ale, ummm three bottles left of my toasted coconut sweet milk stout, an amber that is super malty and I'm not sure I like it, and tomorrow I'll bottle a vanilla bean bourbon oak porter and a honey orange hefe.

Now home and on the Abrasive! Gonna do a side by side in a bit with this and my Citralicious. Was never intended to be a clone, but since they are both Citra based beers, I figure there's probably enough similarities that I might be able to get some insight into tweaking my recipe for the Abrasive clone I am doing on Sunday.

_DSC3106 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Ooh...forgot I had one last Fat Tire! Nice little bit of hoppiness before I turn in for the night. Stuff to do in the morning...but not TOO early.

IMAG2468.jpg

Hop Nosh. Got this today from WesleyS. Awesome IPA. Awesome glass, if you guys can't tell, that glass is shaped like a keg, effin awesome. Why is it so hard to find the "what came in the mail today'' thread on the mobile app?

That's a great IPA. Glad you like it. It's their "session" IPA although its just over 7%. That's my kind of session beer. :D
Here's a thread specifically for trade pictures instead of the what came in the mail thread.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=417579

Well ****. I have some of my cluster pale ale, jolly holly ale, ummm three bottles left of my toasted coconut sweet milk stout, an amber that is super malty and I'm not sure I like it, and tomorrow I'll bottle a vanilla bean bourbon oak porter and a honey orange hefe.

Let me know when you want to trade. I got a brett saison, and a brett rye white ipa I'm bottling soon. And a few good mead including a habenero chocolate mead.

Having this

zega9ede.jpg

Been itchin for a berliner

Thanks Wes! This beer is pretty great. I for sure will be asking you for some more in the future. Very tasty beer.

Let me know when you want to trade. I got a brett saison, and a brett rye white ipa I'm bottling soon. And a few good mead including a habenero chocolate mead.

Having this

zega9ede.jpg

Been itchin for a berliner

How is that? I've passed it up a number of times at the Tomball Specs.

How is that? I've passed it up a number of times at the Tomball Specs.

That's where I picked it up. It's not bad. Slightly tart. For 5 bucks worth the shot. Said it expired last month but on these it it doesn't matter. I say get these and add some a
salt to be a gose. Though I like more tartness

That's where I picked it up. It's not bad. Slightly tart. For 5 bucks worth the shot. Said it expired last month but on these it it doesn't matter. I say get these and add some a
salt to be a gose. Though I like more tartness

I knew you had to get it there. That's the only place I still see it.
......and I've been watching you.....
;)

Its great. I know a couple beers like this, unknown, very tasty beers. Its great to see beers like this. This is a great stout, and glad to see its a regular, year round release.

Yeah, it's nice to be able to walk into most stores around here and find it. It's definitely on my list of favorite stouts. And it's one of my favorite locals.

Am finishing off the last bottle of a American lager I brewed with hast and it got real cidery. My not be the best, but it's better then bud light. Also my grandpa would turn over in his grave if I ever broke his number one code. "NEVER waist a drop of homebrew" and I never will. Cheers!

Now home and on the Abrasive! Gonna do a side by side in a bit with this and my Citralicious. Was never intended to be a clone, but since they are both Citra based beers, I figure there's probably enough similarities that I might be able to get some insight into tweaking my recipe for the Abrasive clone I am doing on Sunday.

Two things learned from my comparison. Citra is definitely a terrible bittering hop and always use a much lighter crystal malt for color than the recipe calculator says you'll need. Calculated my Abrasive clone with Crystal 60 L for a color of 7.8 SRM (real Abrasive is 8.0 SRM) but my Citralicious is darker than Abrasive with Crystal 40 L. I think Crystal 10 L might be in order for this one.

Yeah, it's nice to be able to walk into most stores around here and find it. It's definitely on my list of favorite stouts. And it's one of my favorite locals.

I can see why. Its like me walking into stores and seeing Coffee Bender all the time. Great beer, available all the time. Those get my "favorite" choices. Example... Hopslam is great, but I think Two Hearted is up there too, except its available all the time, its cheaper and its also very tasty.
Beers that are special release are very good and I need to check out, but beers that really steal my money are released year round.

Water. I've drank nothing tonight. Instead went overboard with a problematic 4 step/3 decoction mash. I started brew day around 5:30-6. I'm just now boiling.

I can see why. Its like me walking into stores and seeing Coffee Bender all the time. Great beer, available all the time. Those get my "favorite" choices. Example... Hopslam is great, but I think Two Hearted is up there too, except its available all the time, its cheaper and its also very tasty.
Beers that are special release are very good and I need to check out, but beers that really steal my money are released year round.

Yep, I agree.

Water. I've drank nothing tonight. Instead went overbroad with a problematic 4 step decoction mash. I started brew day around 5:30-6. I'm just now boiling.
Are you doing a German style beer? Im thinking about trying a decoction mash on an alt beer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Are you doing a German style beer? Im thinking about trying a decoction mash on an alt beer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Roggenbier. So yes, German.

I'll be repeating the same process on Sunday. Except I'll be starting in the morning and finishing in the evening. Hopefully that one goes smoother. Except my arms will hate it even more, since I'm doing a Weizenbock.

Roggenbier. So yes, German.

I'll be repeating the same process on Sunday. Except I'll be starting in the morning and finishing in the evening. Hopefully that one goes smoother. Except my arms will hate it even more, since I'm doing a Weizenbock.

i have never done a decoction mash - i understand the method (at least i think i do), but don't grasp the end result. What does a decoction produce that a 'normal' or step mash doesn't? Are there any commercial beers that you can taste and say 'obviously they do a decoction when making this'?

Back