What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having the last two pints, from a Lagunitas Sucks sixer. Sad to see it go...

Way to keep things in perspective. I needed that ;) :mug:

Yep. It can always be worse. Bad team and run out of what turned into a good beer. Next on tap tomorrow will be apfelwein aka "keg of bad idea". Damn pipeline is running thin with only 1 beer fermenting that still needs to be dry hopped and 2 ciders. Uh oh. At least I have a whole bunch of random beers bottled already...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390364693.437105.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1390364707.405972.jpg

Made it to Wegman's tonight. Been a good night!

Yep. It can always be worse. Bad team and run out of what turned into a good beer. Next on tap tomorrow will be apfelwein aka "keg of bad idea". Damn pipeline is running thin with only 1 beer fermenting that still needs to be dry hopped and 2 ciders. Uh oh. At least I have a whole bunch of random beers bottled already...

I was considering doing a 5 gal batch of apfelwein. Is this a bad idea?

Even though this bad boy showed up frozen due to everyone's polar tundra weather, still was great. thanks FermentNEthinG

1390367953927.jpg

Pipesandcigars.com has some of the best prices I have found. Get some mason jars to store it in. Tabacco ages very well... I have about 300 cigars napping in spanish cedar too

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Home Brew mobile app

I get their emails. I got a few but not that many cigars. Mainly just my expensive/special ones. I usually buy/smoke the same day.

Not pint house. Quickie Pickie. Small place on E 11th. Close to the hotel, solid food and nice tap list, come here at least once a week.

Guess I do not know Austin that well. Looks like that place has a good tap selection. Wish more places like that are over in Houston, especially the north side

It's good. Dispensing by keg makes it a little too easy to drink, leading to overconsumption and resulting in a massive hangover. ;) I know from experience haha

More coffee since it's 3° out

That is the purpose of the coronita bottles; small amounts that make it easier to consume in... Limited quantities.

Try aging apfelwein on fruit. Makes it even easier to consume.

Coffee, was a balmy 7° this morning. Sure the trapped mouse appreciated the release in the park.

I was considering doing a 5 gal batch of apfelwein. Is this a bad idea?

Not at all! I have already made and bottled two 5 gallons batches. They go quick as a lot of people enjoy them :D

Coffee, coffee and more coffee. It is cold out there!

Safe travels. I think the emaw package is stuck in snow, although it still says friday. We will see

Not at all! I have already made and bottled two 5 gallons batches. They go quick as a lot of people enjoy them :D

Good to know. I've heard people say they pitch and then bottle in 3-4 weeks. Others say 3-4 months. I'm going to try both.

Good to know. I've heard people say they pitch and then bottle in 3-4 weeks. Others say 3-4 months. I'm going to try both.

I've made about 10 batches or so. First few were montrachet yeast and followed edwort's recipe to a T, and I have a 6 gallon batch using Nottingham going right now at about 2 months in. Will likely try a sample tonight and bottle that batch in the near future. All have sat for at least 6 weeks or so, and my currently kegged batch was done at 3 months. I try to have at least 2 going at the same time as it goes fast. Trying different additions of brown sugar and cinnamon sticks on my current versions.

More coffee!

Safe travels. I think the emaw package is stuck in snow, although it still says friday. We will see

Roads were fine and traffic non-existent so I made god time. I don't think they will update the delivery date until they actually get the package from the drop-off location (which still hasn't happened.). I'm guessing that will be today and maybe they will deliver on Saturday.

Roads were fine and traffic non-existent so I made god time. I don't think they will update the delivery date until they actually get the package from the drop-off location (which still hasn't happened.). I'm guessing that will be today and maybe they will deliver on Saturday.

I was hoping for saturday, I dont think I can wait until Tuesday!

Coke with lunch. guess who got sent home due to weather...

Guess who is jealous. Then again, if I was able to drive in to work at 6am in a rear wheel drive sportier car than anyone should be able to get in. It is a shame people do not know how to drive when there is moisture within about 5 miles of them.

Made a batch over a year ago, 6 week primary then bottle. Super hot, just now drinkable. Should have secondaried or primary for longer. I'll stick to straight juice no sugar in the future.

Made a batch over a year ago, 6 week primary then bottle. Super hot, just now drinkable. Should have secondaried or primary for longer. I'll stick to straight juice no sugar in the future.

I never give it less than 3 months, preferably 6 months, then transfer to a keg and will even toss another batch on the lees of the previous one (I will sometimes top off with fresh yeast too though). Never had a hot batch with the traditional 5 gallons (almost) juice and 2 lbs sugar.

Having a Snake Dog IPA with lunch.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390418284.031746.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390418304.509915.jpg

Just saw a beast on a tree limb. These birds are amazing killers.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390418348.708995.jpg

Sounds like you should throw some Sailor Jerry in that Coke then :rockin:

I think I'll have a beer. I already drank the coke before I read this. but those little 7.5oz cans I get are just the right size for my booze & coke glasses! my Aussie BIL used to pour the big bottle of Coke into a keg & add rum to taste so he could have rum & Coke on tap. he said he over did it with Bundeburg OP in the keg once. I imagine it was pretty rough until he could add more Coke.

I personally like the longer primary; have one that I have been to lazy to bottle; it has been almost 2 years. :D

My normal primary is 4 months, with the occasional secondary on fruit.

Water, stuck in the weekly staff meeting.

I think I'll have a beer. I already drank the coke before I read this. but those little 7.5oz cans I get are just the right size for my booze & coke glasses! my Aussie BIL used to pour the big bottle of Coke into a keg & add rum to taste so he could have rum & Coke on tap. he said he over did it with Bundeburg OP in the keg once. I imagine it was pretty rough until he could add more Coke.

That sounds like a helluva good time.... Until the next day

Latest posts

Back