What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started the night with one of my imperial stouts. Then broke down and cracked open the 11-11-11 Vertical Epic I was going to cellar. Tasty, but not as good as previous years. About to have some New Belgium Trippel.

Started the night with one of my imperial stouts. Then broke down and cracked open the 11-11-11 Vertical Epic I was going to cellar. Tasty, but not as good as previous years. About to have some New Belgium Trippel.

You think the Vertical Epic will be better after cellaring? I bought one today, but can't decide if I want to cellar or just drink it now.

Currently drinking a Santa's Little Helper, Port Brewing. REALLLLY GOOD

I'm not sure how much better it'd be, but I'd think there'd be an improvement. If I had some of the earlier years' bottles left, I would have let it age. I also don't know how well the chili pepper character will hold up with age (never brewed with chilis so I have no idea)

I don't have any of the earlier years either, although I've probably had a few of each year from about '06 on. To me, a vertical tasting of completely different recipes doesn't make a whole lot of sense - I've done verticals with bigfoot and double bastard - cool to see how things change over time.

I imagine the chilis will fade pretty rapidly, was it hot/spicy from the peppers or was their just some pepper flavor like a green bell pepper?

Been drinking on chesterfields all night...with clementines..delicious! Had some dry hard cider, cyser and some bochet (mead)aged on japanese wineberries. Also amazing!

Home brew IPA recipe I did myself and I have to admit it is quit chalky any one know where that taste comes from?

Sent from my iPad2 using HB Talk

I don't have any of the earlier years either, although I've probably had a few of each year from about '06 on. To me, a vertical tasting of completely different recipes doesn't make a whole lot of sense - I've done verticals with bigfoot and double bastard - cool to see how things change over time.

I imagine the chilis will fade pretty rapidly, was it hot/spicy from the peppers or was their just some pepper flavor like a green bell pepper?

Agreed. To me, it'd be more ritualistic than anything else. But I'm in the same boat. Didn't get to try the 10.10.10 but I have tasted a few past years. but never saved them.

A little of both, I'd say. Predominantly a flavor component, but I did pick up a very slight hint of heat, but I wouldn't call it hot or spicy (then again, I've been known to eat whole habeneros, so my standard of "spicy" is higher than many)

Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Ale..Chico is just a few hours away so I know this bottle is fresh...

What I really want to drink is a JW Lees Harvest Ale...

Starting the night off with a Great Lake's Edmund Fitzgerald Porter then I'm either going for the Southern Tier Creme Brulee Milk Stout or lighten things up a bunch with a Goose Island Sophie Belgian Ale.....just not sure which way to go....decisions; decisions. ;)

Yummy

image-2411753128.jpg

Was finally able to get my hands on some. For a Saint Arnold beer, it is actually good. Yes, for those in the know, this is the 2011 Christmas Pub Crawl Glass.

2f5e95eb.jpg

Very Nice! I get a lot of the Ninkasi at the new BevMo in SLO, and found a brewing supply there as well so it makes sense for me to make the trip because my wife gets here brews either way. I haven't brewed in years as I got some pretty bad stuff on the internet, and we had no local shops, or so I thought. Back at it now and loving it. Made another trip today for my chocolate brown ale recipe. My first solo shot. Loving Docs Cellars!

With family in town bringing me beer, I had SN Celebration 2011, Dogfish 60min, Short's Cup A Joe Stout, La Fin du Monde, and some leftover Sam Adam's Oktoberfest. That and a lot of Dalmore 12yr Scotch.

Very Nice! I get a lot of the Ninkasi at the new BevMo in SLO, and found a brewing supply there as well so it makes sense for me to make the trip because my wife gets here brews either way. I haven't brewed in years as I got some pretty bad stuff on the internet, and we had no local shops, or so I thought. Back at it now and loving it. Made another trip today for my chocolate brown ale recipe. My first solo shot. Loving Docs Cellars!

Not sure if they are still open, but there was a nice home brew shop in AG. We have a Beach House in Pismo still, next time I'm up there I'll venture around and see. The Bevmo in SLO has been there for a quite a while, not a bad place. I am still a Firestone guy at heart. I just got some delivered to me from visiting family.

Not sure if they are still open, but there was a nice home brew shop in AG. We have a Beach House in Pismo still, next time I'm up there I'll venture around and see. The Bevmo in SLO has been there for a quite a while, not a bad place. I am still a Firestone guy at heart. I just got some delivered to me from visiting family.

Head to Buellton and visit Figueroa Mountain Brewery. My Mom lives in Buellton in the hills across from the Firestone place. I have had both, and even though Firestone has there advantage $$wise Figueroa Mountain has originalty on their side. I will drop a pic of the latest from my phone in a minute.

Full Sail Wreck The Halls...not bad at all, then a Clown Shoes BIPA on deck next, perhaps a ballast point amber ale homebrew to cap it off

Latest posts

Back