What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cracked this at 11. Deelish. First time with this one. Ive read it ages well. Maybe another 6er is in order.

image-2810164812.jpg

finsfan said:
Id ask remmy about that unless you are being sarcastic. He said he got floaties in a year old one and doesnt recommend aging them

Yea? I believe it was Gabe who said he doesnt even like this until it has a year on it..hmm. I wasnt being sarcastic but maybe ill buy another 6er and drink 10 of em and let 1 or 2 hang out and see what happens.

Yea? I believe it was Gabe who said he doesnt even like this until it has a year on it..hmm. I wasnt being sarcastic but maybe ill buy another 6er and drink 10 of em and let 1 or 2 hang out and see what happens.

O i hadnt heard gabe mention that. IDK how they age so you might as well try, itll still be beer :mug:

O i hadnt heard gabe mention that. IDK how they age so you might as well try, itll still be beer :mug:

Haven't picked any up this year, but in the past I've found it hot and overly bitter when fresh. It's not bottle conditioned so I wouldn't try and age it for multiple years like Bigfoot, but I think Brown Shugga gets drinkable around the 6 months mark and quite good around 9 months to a year.

I'm in the middle of washing some 3787 from a Belgian dubbel I just racked to secondary. I've read this is the yeast they use in lil sumpin sumpin WILD. Is this accurate? I have an IPA I want to brew this week or next week sometime and I really enjoyed the way the yeast mixed with the hops in that beer. Can anyone confirm that for me? If not ill just use the 1056 I have handy.

Figured I'd post here to get an answer somewhat more quickly. Thanks.

Dave37 said:
Wait...reverse that. You're talking bout the video game. Old school!

I named my Gandhi clone after one of my favorite NES games!

Remmy said:
I named my Gandhi clone after one of my favorite NES games!

Yea I realized that a little late. I mixed up the order. Master blaster is from mad maxx beyond the thunder dome. That game is great.

I'm in the middle of washing some 3787 from a Belgian dubbel I just racked to secondary. I've read this is the yeast they use in lil sumpin sumpin WILD. Is this accurate? I have an IPA I want to brew this week or next week sometime and I really enjoyed the way the yeast mixed with the hops in that beer. Can anyone confirm that for me? If not ill just use the 1056 I have handy.

Figured I'd post here to get an answer somewhat more quickly. Thanks.

It does say it on the label…

lagunitas-lil-sumpin-wild.jpg

Or it could be WLP530, both supposedly originate from Westmalle. I'm not sure if there are any differences between the two.

TNGabe said:
It does say it on the label…

Or it could be WLP530, both supposedly originate from Westmalle. I'm not sure if there are any differences between the two.

Haha i delabeled my last bottle of it before i thought to try this on my ipa.

That was really my main concern which one specifically. But im sure even if it was WLP, the 3787 should have similar effects. Im not sure of the differences either if any. Thanks you.

Brewmex41 said:
Is it really all its hopped up to be? You see what I did there? :)
Lol all I'm going to say is its unique and never the same. As in like has some subtle differences batch to batch because the yeast they use. I think most reviews are on the positive but haters are going to hate.

Is it really all its hopped up to be?

You see what I did there? :)

I only got to try it the once but it was very well balanced, fruity and rather amazing. Best ever? I do not know, will have to try many more before I can comment there. Is it worth trying? I would say yes.

mcbaumannerb said:
Airport beer?

No way. Left a little early to make a stop along the way. It's literally right on the way to the airport from the office, but I usually have other people in the car. Today it's just me :D

Would be awesome to get beer like this at the airport tho...

Starting the smackfest with this. Tequila, Scotch and beers to follow this evening.

Having a HB coffee brown. Since it's drinking ok now, I figure I should drink it before the coffee fades and the base beer rears it's ugly head.

Hitting the Balvenie 12. Tonight's the night. It's on.

I wanna live my life and ball, make a couple million
And then I'm chillin fade em all, these taxes
got me crossed up and people tryin to sue me
Media is in my business and they actin like they know me

Latest posts

Back