What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure I'll get around to using all of them in a reasonable amount of time, but I'm sure folks in my club would love to try the ones I don't use. A friend told me he was wanting to do an Odyssey clone, so I'm sure he'd be excited about the AB1. I should have sent you some WLP072 to play with. It's my current favorite. Do you think any of the strains you've got going would be well suited to BdG? I've been trying to use wlp072 in other styles and have been very pleased. I think I need to get down to just 2 strains for brewery. One for saison and saisonish things and one for everything else. I've been thinking 3726 and wlp072, but I did order some more 3942 to play with.

I've used 2 of the 3 yeasts that Channel sent me. I absolutely love the AS11 and I brewed a stout for a local home brew comp using the ab413. I just bottled the stout a week ago today. Looking forward to testing one out in a couple of weeks or a month and a half from now if I can hold out that long. Thanks again Channel66!

Drinking water all night liver needed a break. I'll be back to putting them down all night again by tomorrow I'm sure :mug:

I would happily drink this over a Pliny any day. Such a great beer. Yet another great trade

image-3487026531.jpg

You guys finally talked me into it! I had to sell my soul for this bottle, but it's a way better choice than shiner bock! This stuff is really good! I was worried it would be like drinking maple syrup based on the smell, but luckily it wasn't! I will definitely buy this again!!

It was on sale at a local grocery store for $14/bottle when I picked one up. The next day I went and bought another.

I want to fill a tub full of this. And soak in it for a day!! Such a great beer. I want to try and make something half as good as this and have it ready by Christmas.

Ill have to try that. I have seen it in stores plenty of times but haven't picked one up yet.

Swarley88 said:
That is really, really good stuff. Loved it.
After about a hand full and almost a whole season of Archer, I must turn in. This stuff is like crack! (If I knew what crack was like, which I don't. So I'm totally talking out of my ass. But if I could imagine what crack was like, I'd assume if was like drinking this stuff!

BrewinHooligan said:
It was on sale at a local grocery store for $14/bottle when I picked one up. The next day I went and bought another.

Lucky me! The liquor store with ten for high steel bars in its store front run by two aging, probably Korean or Chinese women that is right around the corner from my apartment was selling it for 14.99 NOT on sale! They also had a shiity beer selection and then a random 375 of Tank 7.

I was scared, surprised, and creeped out all at the same time.

I'm probably not going back there.

Killed a 2nd mug of coffee while finding out my midwest tracking number showed up finally overnight. Order went out Monday night,like Brad said,just didn't know till now that it'll be here today! PM traditional stout get's brewed Saturday! :ban:

Oolong, waiting for the guys to get to the malt house so I can stock up for the next few months. Just got a bushel of Arkansas Blacks for $14, that's about 30 cents a pound. Cellar is going to be nice and full this winter. I need to get a big batch of kraut going. By the time we're done canning should have at least 60 qts of tomatoes. Probably have 30 lbs of sweet potatoes and a few dozen butternut squash. That and 14 carboys, it's a pretty site. Oh, and a ham. :D

I read the can, but all it says is that it will continue to mature in the can. I would expect there to be some Brett character by now though.
Oh well, it's not horrible how it is, but it's just nothing like it should be.

Ya I agree that's why I put some away to age. it was good but I think I expected more as well.

Nothing on the floor today, but the first two shots are the soak tanks and the third is the kiln at Riverbend Malthouse. Picked up pils and heritage barley malts and a bag of wheat. New wheat, last variety was too 'wheaty' for most brewers. I loved it, but I'm sure this variety is good, too.

image-592811890.jpg

image-1261452344.jpg

image-3693728403.jpg

Brew day went down the tubes. Emergency at work. I suppose the Gods don't want me brewing a Saison with Channel's yeast. I am pissed.

Hops faded a bit (I remember my first Tricerahops and how awesome it was), but this one is still good. image-1694838164.jpg

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Gabes Blackberry Berliner. Awesome beer man! Why don't my sour mash come out like this!?!?!? Very tart with nice fruit. I have to admit my fiancee stole most of it from me. I may have to hide the peach version from her. Thanks!

Thanks. I guess I am the only one who wasn't happy with that beer. Will be rebrewing soon, though going to have to do a different fruit. I do have 5 gallons of blueberries, almost bought a half bushel of muscadine today, but resisted.

TNGabe said:
Thanks. I guess I am the only one who wasn't happy with that beer. Will be rebrewing soon, though going to have to do a different fruit. I do have 5 gallons of blueberries, almost bought a half bushel of muscadine today, but resisted.

Muscadine Berliner?
I have about 5-6 lbs of muscadines in the freezer. Maybe I should do a batch of Berliner and do half of the batch with them.

WesleyS said:
Muscadine Berliner? I have about 5-6 lbs of muscadines in the freezer. Maybe I should do a batch of Berliner and do half of the batch with them.

New Glarus Berliner had Riesling grapes or a them wine grapes.

Highland citra cask hopped gaelic and greenman wayfarer at vintner. Time to pick up the mrs and do some cereal drinking!

Getting errands done early led to a impromptu trip to New Holland " since we were out anyway" I love my fiance :ban: Having Hopivore just released yesterday! Deliciously wet hopped! Who needs this on trade? Clint I've got you covered.

View attachment 152896

Sonofa!!! I'm seriously pissed my trade fund is depleted right now. That looks/sounds damn good

Back