What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still up but not drinking. Just landed, still have to catch a ride home. Probably shouldn't have any more beer tonight as I'm getting some blood drawn tomorrow. Er, in a few hours.

have another beer, accept the trade. Anderew Luck! you'll feel better. Might even show in the blood test. Stud FF qb is a 90, he's healthy doc!

HB habanero pale ale. :drunk:

image.jpg

Dave37's hoppy brown ale. I didn't think I was too buzzed to give a review that did this brew justice, so here goes. Given the color it has pretty good clarity, a bit of chill haze/possible dregs got in. It has a great hop aroma, smells like Cascade or Centennial maybe? Flavor is hop forward with a good bit of malt, but not enough to overpower the hops. Medium-light body accentuates the hops but lets the malt roll in to balance it out. It's basically a brown IPA a la Hop Karma from Terrapin. Well done!

Untitled by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Crappy instant cappuccino, while waiting to get on another train. I was home just long enough to say hello to the family, and get some sleep. I see several beers in my not to distant future...

Drinking coffee.

In the past 3 months there have been 184 pumpkin beer threads started. That's over 900 gallons of undrinkable swill. Gross.

EDIT: Also while I was poking around the forums this morning. Here is a list of the top 15 posters in this thread and how many posts they have in said thread.

WesleyS 2,517
NIZZLE 2,129
TNGabe 1,837
mcbaumannerb 1,547
nukebrewer 1,450
Remmy 1,420
Billy-Klubb 1,368
DisturbdChemist 1,184
Channel66 1,176
allenH 1,107
Qhrumphf 1,005
jonmohno 951
LoloMT7 924
tyzippers 906
Fuzzymittenbrewing 864

I think we have a problem.

Channel66 said:
Drinking coffee.

In the past 3 months there have been 184 pumpkin beer threads started. That's over 900 gallons of undrinkable swill. Gross.

EDIT: Also while I was poking around the forums this morning. Here is a list of the top 15 posters in this thread and how many posts they have in said thread.

WesleyS 2,517
NIZZLE 2,129
TNGabe 1,837
mcbaumannerb 1,547
nukebrewer 1,450
Remmy 1,420
Billy-Klubb 1,368
DisturbdChemist 1,184
Channel66 1,176
allenH 1,107
Qhrumphf 1,005
jonmohno 951
LoloMT7 924
tyzippers 906
Fuzzymittenbrewing 864

Woohoo! Top 10!! Wait, that's probably bad....

Drinking coffee.

WesleyS 2,517
NIZZLE 2,129
TNGabe 1,837
mcbaumannerb 1,547
nukebrewer 1,450
Remmy 1,420
Billy-Klubb 1,368
DisturbdChemist 1,184
Channel66 1,176
allenH 1,107
Qhrumphf 1,005
jonmohno 951
LoloMT7 924
tyzippers 906
Fuzzymittenbrewing 864

I thought I was higher than that lol. 8th isnt bad. We do not have a problem. The only problem is that WestleyS is winning. We cant have that. :p

Plus some of the post is just useless banter anyway. I dont think i drank 1184 beers this year, but i'm close.

My phase of pumpkin beers will come soon when Saint Arnold releases Pumpkinator next month. :rockin::ban:

I thought I was higher than that lol. 8th isnt bad. We do not have a problem. The only problem is that WestleyS is winning. We cant have that. :p

Plus some of the post is just useless banter anyway. I dont think i drank 1184 beers this year, but i'm close.

My phase of pumpkin beers will come soon when Saint Arnold releases Pumpkinator next month. :rockin::ban:

It's not just this year! That's a running tally. And yes we are all homers who banter and drink water and coffee

Drinking coffee.

WesleyS 2,517
NIZZLE 2,129
TNGabe 1,837
mcbaumannerb 1,547
nukebrewer 1,450
Remmy 1,420
Billy-Klubb 1,368
DisturbdChemist 1,184
Channel66 1,176
allenH 1,107
Qhrumphf 1,005
jonmohno 951
LoloMT7 924
tyzippers 906
Fuzzymittenbrewing 864

haha how'd you find this out?
And I take full pride and responsibility for one of the pumpkin threads. :D I like it. Don't yuck my yum.

Channel66 said:
Drinking coffee.

WesleyS 2,517
NIZZLE 2,129
TNGabe 1,837
mcbaumannerb 1,547
nukebrewer 1,450
Remmy 1,420
Billy-Klubb 1,368
DisturbdChemist 1,184
Channel66 1,176
allenH 1,107
Qhrumphf 1,005
jonmohno 951
LoloMT7 924
tyzippers 906
Fuzzymittenbrewing 864

WooHoo! Number 1!
NIZZLE is getting too close for comfort though. I need to step it up. :D

DisturbdChemist said:

I can't wait for Pumpkinator. I didn't get any last year. I'm definitely getting some this year, but I will not stand in line at Specs downtown with all the crazies.

Channel66 said:
Drinking coffee.

WesleyS 2,517
NIZZLE 2,129
TNGabe 1,837
mcbaumannerb 1,547
nukebrewer 1,450
Remmy 1,420
Billy-Klubb 1,368
DisturbdChemist 1,184
Channel66 1,176
allenH 1,107
Qhrumphf 1,005
jonmohno 951
LoloMT7 924
tyzippers 906
Fuzzymittenbrewing 864

Hahaha, now go back to counting yeast! Is it a bad sign that other than a slightly dry mouth I feel great this morning and I'm ready to go run a few miles as soon as my wife wakes up? :D I bet if you add the artist formerly known as fuzzymitten, he'd be a good bit higher up the list. Who has the most likes in the thread? I vote Mark as lead enabler. :D

'Pumpkin beer is the mullet of brewing. 15 years from now, everyone who made one will look back and feel ashamed.' I do think I'm going to make a sweet potato stout this year. Anyone ever had Spanish Reds? Didnt think so. They're too fragile to mechanically harvest. I don't think I'll be able to get them 10 years from now, because only crazy old men who don't mind working for practically nothing grow them. Spanish Reds are an actual white fleshed sweet potato not those nasty orange things.

Hahaha, now go back to counting yeast! Is it a bad sign that other than a slightly dry mouth I feel great this morning and I'm ready to go run a few miles as soon as my wife wakes up? :D I bet if you add the artist formerly known as fuzzymitten, he'd be a good bit higher up the list. Who has the most likes in the thread? I vote Mark as lead enabler. :D

'Pumpkin beer is the mullet of brewing. 15 years from now, everyone who made one will look back and feel ashamed.' I do think I'm going to make a sweet potato stout this year. Anyone ever had Spanish Reds? Didnt think so. They're too fragile to mechanically harvest. I don't think I'll be able to get them 10 years from now, because only crazy old men who don't mind working for practically nothing grow them. Spanish Reds are an actual white fleshed sweet potato not those nasty orange things.

If we added his 2 it would put him between you and Mark

Channel66 said:
Fuzzybottom just barely beat out himself, if we add his together it changes things a little but not much

Lets just leave fuzzymuttonchops in last. That's what happens when you change you're name. ;)

Channel66 said:
You should see all the people who have posted once then never again. He's far from last haha

Well, I mean last on your list of top posters in the thread.

I can't wait for Pumpkinator. I didn't get any last year. I'm definitely getting some this year, but I will not stand in line at Specs downtown with all the crazies.

You can easily find it around town without going to downtown. Spec's does not get everything. People do not realize it. I think the pumpkinator hype is slowly going down so you can find some more easily. I got a 2011 and a few 2012 left. The 2011 is drinking awesome. I like it better than 2012. '12 was more subdued that '11. I'm getting 6 or so if I can.

DisturbdChemist said:
You can easily find it around town without going to downtown. Spec's does not get everything. People do not realize it. I think the pumpkinator hype is slowly going down so you can find some more easily. I got a 2011 and a few 2012 left. The 2011 is drinking awesome. I like it better than 2012. '12 was more subdued that '11. I'm getting 6 or so if I can.

I'll probably check out the couple tiny Specs locations I know of where the special releases sit on the shelf a little longer. If that doesn't work, I'll be hitting some Krogers and HEBs.

Drinking coffee.

WesleyS 2,517
NIZZLE 2,129
TNGabe 1,837
mcbaumannerb 1,547
nukebrewer 1,450
Remmy 1,420
Billy-Klubb 1,368
DisturbdChemist 1,184
Channel66 1,176
allenH 1,107
Qhrumphf 1,005
jonmohno 951
LoloMT7 924
tyzippers 906
Fuzzymittenbrewing 864

Damn. Looks like I got some work to do!

I don't think I'll ever make a pumpkin beer. I don't like em that much. I'll just stick with my ol' stand by from ST whenever I need my fix.

More coffee this lovely Oklahoma morning. Man, I hope I win my appeal. 12 hour days just sitting and staring at a computer screen is really starting to get old fast.

Damn. Looks like I got some work to do!

I don't think I'll ever make a pumpkin beer. I don't like em that much. I'll just stick with my ol' stand by from ST whenever I need my fix.

More coffee this lovely Oklahoma morning. Man, I hope I win my appeal. 12 hour days just sitting and staring at a computer screen is really starting to get old fast.

Appeal? Do I have to forum stalk to hear this story?

Hello said:
Appeal? Do I have to forum stalk to hear this story?

Tyzipper's savagely beat 25 people at a retirement home. He was convicted, but is appealing because he claims he's innocent.
Just a warning, I may have been on medication and drunk when the original story was told. So I may not have any of the facts correct....
:p

Drinking coffee.

WesleyS 2,517
NIZZLE 2,129
TNGabe 1,837
mcbaumannerb 1,547
nukebrewer 1,450
Remmy 1,420
Billy-Klubb 1,368
DisturbdChemist 1,184
Channel66 1,176
allenH 1,107
Qhrumphf 1,005
jonmohno 951
LoloMT7 924
tyzippers 906
Fuzzymittenbrewing 864

Woot! I made it onto a list. I've never been on a list of achievements before. Or is being in the top 5 the opposite of an achievement?

Drinking coffee now since I had waaaaaaay to much to drink last night for someone drinking alone.

Back