What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use to be called Hop juice. I remember it being more intense and bitter,use to be in bombers too,solid double-above average, just- IMO. Dont have a lot of luck with getting superfresh bottles of two brothers stuff though recently. Cept some Resistance which was a little better than Ive gotten the last few seasons. Cant seem to get the seasonal stuff in a timely manner either more often than not.

hop centric.jpg

BGBC said:
Drinking a Real Ale Pale Ale :)

Still waiting for the plane to arrive :(

But at least they have football on now :)

But the Birds are losing :(

Not a bad drive for the Eagles. All except for missing the 2pts.

And here is where I am screwed living in the desert. In the summer the apartment is 80F. By summer, I mean March to November... In my situation I have to keep everything at room or fridge temp for storage. :(

Not as screwed as ya'll are gonna be when you run out of water in a few years.

Evening.

20130919_195028_zpsa7719047.jpg

I prefer my saison, this one finishes a bit too clean, pet peeve of mine with a lot of commercial saisons.

That and using 3711...

Unaged corn liquor :drunk:

Ouch, that white dog can bit. At least it's corn and not sugar.

Not a bad drive for the Eagles. All except for missing the 2pts.

Why'd they go for 2 in the first place?

image-1670367849.jpg

Last bottle of my citra/Nelson saison bottled last December. This one is dry hopped with citra, last bottle of the Nelson dry hop is next. What can I say, Shaun Hill liked the 13the batch of homebrew I made. Egomaniac ever since.

Making what is hopefully the best pad Thai I've ever made as soon as wifey gets home. The new Asian grocery nearby has really stepped it up since I went in right after they opened.

20130919_210942_zps1b93a457.jpg

My saison this one with orange peel and as11 (naught generation)

Just showing the logo on the cup for your reference Gabe. Outlined in black, bold colors, I'll take one with a black beer later so you can see how it stands out through the SRM range.

Finishing up the Hop Manna ... In better news, was talking to my buddy from Cleveland and he should be able to get me a 64oz growler of the recent Jackie O's & Tired Hands collaboration so with luck I'll be enjoying that bythe middle of next week! :mug:

20130919_210942_zps1b93a457.jpg

Just showing the logo on the cup for your reference Gabe. Outlined in black, bold colors, I'll take one with a black beer later so you can see how it stands out through the SRM range.

I wonder how much 2 more colors bump the price up. I'd like to think I could get away with logo glasses in the tasting room, but I think most places use plain glasses to cut down on theft.

A good one - the higher ABV cuts into the sweetness that plagues most pumpkin ales.

Good to hear. I'll try to pick up a 4-pack this weekend then if I can get some. Haven't had a pumpkin beer yet this season. Waiting for fall to actually start I guess.

I wonder how much 2 more colors bump the price up. I'd like to think I could get away with logo glasses in the tasting room, but I think most places use plain glasses to cut down on theft.

I've stolen a few logo glasses from bars before, but I think I'd be less likely to lift them from a nano's tasting room.

I think it'll depend on the company you order from and their method of printing. Are you thinking etched bottom as well?

Gabe u must try this! When I get more I'll send you some!

Haha, thanks Clint, but no need. I think I forget to post that one during the BASC share. Had some in line. It's good, but I just can't pay premium prices for something I can make for $2 a gallon. Maybe I should make a Clamato gose. :D

Channel66 said:

Looks great, but 3 color printing has to be pretty expensive. I have glasses with black, white and red printing (single color). They all have their disadvantages in certain srm's, that one looks like it would cover the whole SRM range, but you would pay for it. A CCB pint glass is $4, a snifter is $5, all single color. What is the price point? (Awesome glass, btw)

I've stolen a few logo glasses from bars before, but I think I'd be less likely to lift them from a nano's tasting room.

Yeah, I'd be lying to say I've never been glass stealing drunk. That tends to happen at bars where I've been paying too much for too long. I'd like to think a) no one will get that drunk at my place and b) no one would be that much of a dick when the guy pouring the beer is the one who made it and obviously isn't getting rich.

I think it'll depend on the company you order from and their method of printing. Are you thinking etched bottom as well?

I do like nucleation. :D

Gabe u must try this! When I get more I'll send you some!

SC to TN by way of MT??

Hm, my freshman year roommate lives in Mt Pleasant, but he's not a big beer guy. Plus he just had his first kid. I'd feel bad asking him to send me some...

I think it would depend on the size & layout of the tasting room. If it is pretty much just the bar and intimate enough then theft would probably be manageable. If you have an outside or multi-room set-up it would definitely be higher. I'd think a second color wouldn't be a huge price bump, but the quality becomes more important to make sure the colors are aligned.

I think it would depend on the size & layout of the tasting room. If it is pretty much just the bar and intimate enough then theft would probably be manageable. If you have an outside or multi-room set-up it would definitely be higher. I'd think a second color wouldn't be a huge price bump, but the quality becomes more important to make sure the colors are aligned.

At this point I'm thinking bar and half a dozen tables kinda thing, but it depends on the space. I'd like to think the largely abandoned downtown of Johnson City is feasible, but the most important thing is finding a former restaurant that has a lot of the stuff I'll need already.

Looks great, but 3 color printing has to be pretty expensive. I have glasses with black, white and red printing (single color). They all have their disadvantages in certain srm's, that one looks like it would cover the whole SRM range, but you would pay for it. A CCB pint glass is $4, a snifter is $5, all single color. What is the price point? (Awesome glass, btw)

The 10oz chalice is 6 bucks, 16 is 7. They are etched as well.

Channel66 said:
The 10oz chalice is 6 bucks, 16 is 7. They are etched as well.

That's a great price. The power of buying in bulk, I guess. The 16oz Belgian I drink out of is a single color with a different logo front and back (although, I believe the rear logo is a standard option), I paid $7 at my local micro

image-3084981606.jpg

Front (currently drinking)

image-3094714742.jpg

Back.

allenH said:
That's a great price. The power of buying in bulk, I guess. The 16oz Belgian I drink out of is a single color with a different logo front and back (although, I believe the rear logo is a standard option), I paid $7 at my local micro

Front (currently drinking)

Back.

This is from a place with 10 seats in the bar, and an outside area that's pretty small. I'm pretty sure I will end up there tomorrow, I will take some pics of the space.

DisturbdChemist said:
Try the full moon pale rye next if your still in austin

Sadly, I'm at the airport so I've pretty much maxed out the selection here. The plane is finally here at least but still waiting to board.

I'll keep the suggestion in mind for next week tho :)

nukebrewer said:
I've found that as long as the beer was otherwise properly brewed, it takes quite a bit to screw up a beer in the short term (i.e. less than a year). I've got an old ale I brewed in January that has been sitting in my 80 F basement all summer and it's still good.

Taking a short break to get caught up on the forum. Drinking my New Brew Buddy APA.

Yes it is. that old ale is still good. Very good.

Now drinking nukes Critical Mass imperial red. Man this thing has some cabeza! The aroma immediately into the glass had some citrusy fruity hopped aroma and some alcoholic aroma. While i let the head settle some and it warmed the aroma became more malty.

I love the flavor on this. Malty, sweet, spicy and for an imperial style the alcoholic content of which i don't know the amount is not very detectable. Another clean easy drinking beer from Nuke. Nice job again man. A great way to start my buzz off tonight.

image-330919763.jpg

Dave37 said:
Now drinking nukes Critical Mass imperial red. Man this thing has some cabeza! The aroma immediately into the glass had some citrusy fruity hopped aroma and some alcoholic aroma. While i let the head settle some and it warmed the aroma became more malty.

I love the flavor on this. Malty, sweet, spicy and for an imperial style the alcoholic content of which i don't know the amount is not very detectable. Another clean easy drinking beer from Nuke. Nice job again man. A great way to start my buzz off tonight.

By the way nuke your Imperial red goes great with chili. Just finished having a bowl
Of my ground turkey 5 bean chili along with it. Excellent combo.

Back