What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. This will definitely keep me from punching my boss square in the jugular. All is right in the world!!

image-601888349.jpg

I'd actually love to snag that galaxy recipe from you. I know you're an anchorage fan so I'm assuming it's roughly on the same line?

Closer than roughly I think. I didn't email Gabe directly, but it's based off a friend's correspondence with him. I got impatient waiting for Kumquats and used an orange and don't think it makes that much of a difference. Still haven't done a side by side, but my wife got me a bottle the other day so I'm sure I will soon. I think I just talked myself into ordering more Galaxy.

I brew 6 gallon batches for hoppy beers especially. He uses Weyermann malts.

Pils 66% Wheat Malt 30% Rolled Oats 4%. 1.055 OG. Galaxy 1/2 oz FW, 30. 1 oz 10, 5, 3. 2 oz Whirpool, Dry hop. I used flesh and zest from a large orange, I'd use a pound of kumquats when available, plus 1 g each Black Peppercorns and Coriander (lightly bruised) at 0. WLP400, pitch at 75, finish in the 90s. Should hit 1.005 or so, bottle with sugar for 2 vols or so, wyeast brux, and champagne yeast. Won't taste very good at bottling, needs to condition 3 months minimum. I'll be making double batch next time, one of the better beers I've made.

Alpine Pure hoppiness..
On draft and it tastes awesome!
Down in sd at a hospital and down the street is a brewpub that has alpine on draft. .win!
Igotsand

Hard to tell at the moment. Pre-bottling aroma the yeast really got in the way and having no carb to carry it really muted it. I'll post when it's carbed up and give you the full story.

Just got done bottling and now having a Resin. Speaking of bottling, check out the hop sack containing the dry hops as it came out of the fermenter. Didn't have to anything, just came out like that.

Lol

Resin is great stuff!!

Still sick, drinking coffee.

Good luck with everything NIZZLE. I hope they get you all fixed up soon.

When is your clearance expected to be completed. So you can end your house arrest? :)

My boss wants to start the appeal process today and turn in what we have...letters, copy of the court disposition, my letter...but in no way does he think it's a good idea to obtain the help of a military attorney. He says they just complicate things. Oh. You mean the same guys that were previously JAGs in the military prosecution office that advised the base commander on these very same administrative cases and know exactly what he'll be looking for, what to say, how to say it...etc. Yeah. They're useless. I'm screwed.:(

Taking a quick reading and adding about 3/4 tblsp of pumpkin pie spice (hoping sanitizing the spoon was enough not to cause infection. This smells great and actually seems to have some great tastes. I was going to leave it fermenting in a room that is 76º while I am away...hoping that's still a good choice. I'm pretty happy about this beer.
pumpkinspice.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
You better switch over to Dayquill/Nightquill if you plan on being in drinking shape by tomorrow night! ;)

I think you're right.

My first tasting of my first ever mead. I made a dry traditional to start off. Its been about 9 months and it is pretty friggin good so far. I just bottled it today and ill probably open up the first bottle thanksgiving or christmas time.

I would be nizzook then :-D

I like the sound of that haha think of how many more fights youd win. Although im not sure how long youd last before you were behind bars. Then again the hook could help pick locks. So many possibilities! :cross:

A bit of spring water I had left from topping off another IPA yesterday. Had two mugs of coffee already. Got my last three Berlin Wheats left for later.
Two PM batches in one week,two more gallon zip lock bags of dried spent grains to bake with as well. Got a whole bunch of dried spent grains backed up to play with. & ten gallons of IPA that'll be ready for Halloween.

My coconut porter. Drinking too early. But it's been a stressful week at work. Really stressful.

image-3192390064.jpg

I started running to be supportive of my wife on her 3rd or 4th attempt at a couch to 5k program. Now it's for fun. We both used to be pretty fit, she biked at least 150 miles a week and I used to whitewater kayak like it was my job. I don't have to get my abs back or anything, but as many empty calories as I get from beer, I need to do something. First homebrew club meeting was a good motivator and though we slacked of during the hotter months, I'm looking forward to getting back to running 20 miles a week this fall. I hate road running, it's terribly boring, and though trail running isn't as much fun as running steep creeks used to be, I've never seen anyone drown or nearly died myself while running.

:off:I run for fun and so I can eat/drink what I want without worrying as much about it too.

I did almost die while running once, but that was a pretty freak thing and it still hasn't stopped me from keeping up with it.

The god damn surgeon is going to ****ing need surgery in about five minutes!!!!!!!!!!

Water and deeeeeeep breathes :mad:

The god damn surgeon is going to ****ing need surgery in about five minutes!!!!!!!!!!

Water and deeeeeeep breathes :mad:

hey now, dont need to be messing up your other hand. Just think, you will be able to have beers in just a few short hours :cross:

Celt Silures ale, brewed in Wales.

ForumRunner_20130919_191314.png

Pretty much just an APA, getting a lot of centennial I think.

NIZZLE said:
I would be nizzook then :-D

For schizzook!

Water. Run time. Relistning to some I the better Vinnie stuff from Sunday Session.

Well that was a big waste of time fooooooking surgeon wasn't even affiliated with my hospital so I get to find a new surgeon

Latest posts

Back