What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you're okay channel, have you got an estimate for the damage?

Not yet, they are looking at it this morning. The insurance guy is all pissy because I'm taking it to the foreign autos dealership instead of a garage but he'll deal.

The foreign autos place is the one selling that VW thing though.

Just read your post, C66. Insane. Glad you're ok. Better than hitting a moose, I reckon.

The Coff.

Yeah a moose at 75 would be bad bad juju

Drinking some coffee this morning while on simulated house arrest 1,120 miles from home.

Channel, sorry to hear about that damn deer running into your car. I hope things work out for you and it's not as big of a headache (figuratively and literally) as it could be. Kinda makes my situation seem very insignificant. I'll stop my passive aggressive complaining now and go sit in my corner quietly.

I doubt they are going to total it, which sucks because the whole front end is destroyed but the frame is likely still straight, So basically I'll end up waiting to get a "fixed" car back, with its resale value completely destroyed thanks to carfax.

You got a picture of it I deal with foreign cars daily I could give you a educated guess if it's totaled but I do know BMW Mercedes and other foreign cars that if air bags go off it's considered totaled we have two of them at my shop for that reason.

You got a picture of it I deal with foreign cars daily I could give you a educated guess if it's totaled but I do know BMW Mercedes and other foreign cars that if air bags go off it's considered totaled we have two of them at my shop for that reason.

I'll snap some when I swing by the dealership later, it was a pretty gory scene last night I didn't think to snap pics of it. You don't realize how much blood is in those things until it all comes out at once. But all of the airbags deployed. I'm hoping they total it. But we will see

More coffee

Channel66 said:
Thanks guys, yeah I'm alright, hitting the hay after a shot or 4 I think. Going to be a long day tomorrow, maybe I can convince the rental company to hook me up real good with a high end loaner. That'll ease my pain some.

Good to hear man. Glad youre alright. Im sure the brewery who scouted you wants their fermentoligist ship shape.

Tea and water over here today.

ForumRunner_20130918_112245.jpg

What about 94? Lol BTW I'm thinking about finding a VW thing. Ever seen one in person? Quite a sight!

I always thought the VW Things were very cool. They remind me of Field Marshal Rommel. Oh, right, there is a gorgeous one driving around Carson City, Nevada. It looked brand spankin' new. I am fond of VW's as I own a bad as* Jetta TDI. Hey, VR6, wanna get spanked by a 1.9 liter diesel? :D

Waiting till my Wort is in the ice bath to hit BP for vodka to recharge airlock bottle with,besides me. And some 24oz'rs & small bag of ice...just to be sure I've got enough. I can't wait to see how much better this round of Maori IPA comes out. Not to mention,my nwest variant...Cougar Country IPA. Kinda like Latitude 48 with a hint of pliny to my imagineering.

I'll snap some when I swing by the dealership later, it was a pretty gory scene last night I didn't think to snap pics of it. You don't realize how much blood is in those things until it all comes out at once. But all of the airbags deployed. I'm hoping they total it. But we will see

More coffee

Good God man. Glad your ok. Ive come close a few times here, thank goodness never hit one.

That one was just the warm up, here was the succession followed up by some knob creek and a stogey while listening to Bill Simmons lines for the weekend

I've been wanting to get more Fantome. Sadly they are not in Texas :(. I got a Fantome de Noel that i'm saving for christmas but that is the last one for a while :(:( (double sad)

Drinking my first all-grain. It was supposed to be an IPA but it turned out to be a PA.

I've never used centennial, and I way overshot my mash temp too, so we'll see next time, but it is certainly drinkable.

I've been wanting to get more Fantome. Sadly they are not in Texas :(. I got a Fantome de Noel that i'm saving for christmas but that is the last one for a while :(:( (double sad)

We have a few bottles of the saison, Noel, and whichever the spring variation is (can't remember off the top of my head) at the local shop. The beer hipsters haven't realized what they're missing so theyve been sitting on the shelves for a bit. That one last night was amazing though, the grape aroma was just unbelievable out of it.

If you're ever looking to snag a couple let me know and I can take a look over there for ya

We have a few bottles of the saison, Noel, and whichever the spring variation is (can't remember off the top of my head) at the local shop. The beer hipsters haven't realized what they're missing so theyve been sitting on the shelves for a bit. That one last night was amazing though, the grape aroma was just unbelievable out of it.

If you're ever looking to snag a couple let me know and I can take a look over there for ya

Will do if i remember lol. I'm been looking for any but especially magic ghost, Extra sour.

Let me know if you see some. I'll send money or tell me if you want anything i can get.

Moved into our new flat in aberdeen!!!

Polished off a bottle of bollinger, now onto the good stuff:

ForumRunner_20130918_220446.png

Windswept Brewing Co, Tornado. Citra IPA, 6.4%. Really good!! Kinda surprised. It's from Lossiemouth which is a few hours north of here. Will definitely be buying again.

Upper management is being very needy today. So, I had to have a few while I get **** done. Sucks. But could be worse. :tank:

Upper management being needy??! when are they NOT?! I was in middle manage ment the last not quite 14 years I spent at Ford before retiring. I was on the lowest rung of middle management,& the ones directly above me to the Area Process Control engineer (Indian fella named Saadi). When they heard I was retiring finally...well...let's just say the ratts realized the ship was sinkin fast. They retired the samed day I did. Even my wife roflmao'd on that one. See,it's a traddition in my company that your last "working day" is a walk around in your suit with your wife dressed like Mrs TooHotty toll lunchtime...then Adios Muchachos,Vio con Dios! No way in Heaven or hell they were stickin around when Mr "I'm on it!" decided enough was too much...

Moved into our new flat in aberdeen!!!

Polished off a bottle of bollinger, now onto the good stuff:

View attachment 148967

Windswept Brewing Co, Tornado. Citra IPA, 6.4%. Really good!! Kinda surprised. It's from Lossiemouth which is a few hours north of here. Will definitely be buying again.

Move went smoothly?

Move went smoothly?

It did indeed, all our things arrived earlier today.

Had the final commute from hell on Sunday night/Monday though, was supposed to be on a 20.30 flight, delayed delayed delayed, half 11 a woman came out and told us it was cancelled. Managed to get the work travel agent to book me onto the 07.05, so I was back to the airport after 4 hrs sleep, then that flight was delayed by an hour because they parked the plane at the wrong gate!! So in the end I made it into my important 10am client meeting looking like an alcoholic with bloodshot eyes with bags under them. Apparently went ok though.

B?ere de Garde, watching the rain and wondering if I'll run out of propane before I get this batch of wort canned.

image-3052647592.jpg

I've got a 4 pack of Surly Wet waiting for me at home. Not all for tonight, but it will be gone soon enough. This beer is for drinking, not for aging.

Back