What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On to some Head Hunter now - love this beer!

image-371758301.jpg

image-1267229527.jpg

HB Black pepper saison. Pretty good for my first attempt at the style, thankfully I dropped the black pepper on v2, which will be kegged soon. Love the funk paired with Nelson, great combo.

HB Black pepper saison. Pretty good for my first attempt at the style, thankfully I dropped the black pepper on v2, which will be kegged soon. Love the funk paired with Nelson, great combo.

Want to share your recipe.

WesleyS said:
Over the past 6-7 hours I've had a mix of Marooned On Hog Island, Deep Ellum Double Brown Stout, my HB It's A Trapp!, skeeter pee, my pineapple coconut rice wine, and Caramel Apple Hard Cider. One of my good friends is moving to another state so I had to send him off right. Everyone's gone so bed time now.

How'd you like the Deep Ellum? They make some good stuff. The Farmhouse Wit, Rye Pils, and IPA are good stuff as well. Haven't bothered with the blonde yet.

My just named now that it's almost gone 'homebrewer's ambition.' By far the worst recipe I've written. I decided to try bett trois in a hoppy brown wheat beer and used a freaking pound of hops. Too many unfamiliar techniques collided, but it's almost sorted itself out.

image-363991042.jpg

What's leftover from today's smoke.
image-2328073584.jpg

No, I'm not kidding. Lmao.
image-2852030592.jpg

Gonna try this with some blueberries I have left over..

I dropped the ball and the season has come and gone here without me freezing any. :( I've had one blueberry berliner, Justin Blaeber from Evil Twin and Westbrook. Tasty beer, but I wouldn't have guessed it was blueberries. I think you want to use at least 3 lbs per gallon if you can. Night Shift Brewing does a 'Mainer Weisse' with blueberries and cinnamon. I think vanilla might work well, too.

TNGabe said:
I dropped the ball and the season has come and gone here without me freezing any. :( I've had one blueberry berliner, Justin Blaeber from Evil Twin and Westbrook. Tasty beer, but I wouldn't have guessed it was blueberries. I think you want to use at least 3 lbs per gallon if you can. Night Shift Brewing does a 'Mainer Weisse' with blueberries and cinnamon. I think vanilla might work well, too.

I have 12 pounds I picked and froze. I will use them and may grab another few pounds as the bushes are starting to hit the peaks right now for a 5 gallon batch.

It is funny you say vanilla. I have cherry vanilla sour with a JP la Roja dregs/ starter in the planning stage right now.

:mug:

Fresh caught lake perch foooking tasty.

It's been Years since I had such a treat. Family would drive to MN every summer when I was a kid. We'd bring home tons of perch for the freezer, with some walleyes if we were lucky, on top of what we ate up there. And I always got some Schmidt's cans for my collection.

Kostritzer Schwarzbier...awesome...malty coffee flavor.

Last thing I expected to find here in Chinguinola, Panama...along w a Dubbel and an ESB!

ESB etc  20130804_174553.jpg

Wild Blue . Well it tastes just like any cheap fruit flavored pop from the grocery store . Not at like beer . If I was out to drink a blueberry flavored soda pop I would like this but not for beer time . Reminds me of grape soda pop.

One of the few beers that I poured 5 & 1/2 down the kitchen sink. Lesson learned.

I usually drink 3Floyds (Zombie Dust), Revolution (Anti-Hero), and Half Acre (Daisy Cutter and Space IPA). I drank a Solemn Oath growler of a DIPA named Wreckagemaster this weekend and I am patiently waiting for a new brewery named Urban Legend to open up five minutes from my house.

Back