What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching my one and five year olds while the wife parties with her friends all weekend (birthday). I'll get her back. [emoji57]

I'M a tree killing machine .Dropped 4 trees right next to a fence. Didn't have any damages. Which is always a good thing.

Watching my 1 year old and working on a CFC and stc-1000 control unit as I can. Bought the wrong project box though. =/

Chilling a 13-month bottle of Kriek for its first carbonated (hopefully) taste test. Setting up system and running PBW through everything for giggles before brewing a dry-hopped pilz the following weekend.

We're doing Al's Run, which is a big fundraiser for Milwaukee's Children's Hospital. One of families in our group has a little boy who has a rare genetic condition, and the miracle workers at Children's literally saved his life.

Anyway, the event starts with a big party atmosphere on Marquette University's campus and ends at the big festival park on the lakefront. There are thousands and thousands of participants. Years ago, we figured out that, rather than wait in line to exit the parking lot and wait in another line to get on the highway, we should set up a tailgate party in the parking lot and wait it out with lunch and beer. All in all, it's a pretty darn good way to spend a Saturday.

I have to bottle my blood orange Hefeweizen on Saturday morning before work, and may be going on a motorcycle ride Sunday. Also have to schedule a time to get the bike ion for scheduled service.

I have a lot of yardwork I need to finish. I need to split the iris and redo the bed. That is already making me tired.

Possibly harvest my hops.

Brewed today. Taking my wife to Asheville, NC for 5 days.

Love that town! So many craft beer options there. There was a pizza joint that had a movie theater in it when i was there about 15 yrs ago. Never had been to a theater that served beer and pizza before! We saw "28 Days Later"...

Love that town! So many craft beer options there. There was a pizza joint that had a movie theater in it when i was there about 15 yrs ago. Never had been to a theater that served beer and pizza before! We saw "28 Days Later"...

The only craft beer options this time will be during lunch/dinner. This will be all artsy/fartsy stuff for the wife.
Next time.....,

We have one .You can order a pizza and they will bring it to your seat .VIP only. For a couple bucks more it's totally worth it.

Since the coho are finally here in big numbers, I'll be out on the water slaying them and drinking a beer or two or three.

Helped a buddy with some yardwork and drywall in his recently-bought house today. Couple welding projects for family members then America On Tap festival on Saturday. Apple picking and Packers/Vikings game on TV on Sunday.

Working Hop in The City @ Schlafly Tap Room on Locust St. here in St.Louis,MO. I'll be serving beer all day and drinking beer all day! It's going to be awesome! 44 diffident beers to choose from, I'm gonna get tanked! [emoji482]

Thinking of brewing! I stockpiled 30 gal of different beers I made last winter for consumption this past summer. Been eagerly awaiting fall to start brewing again. Been eyeballing these pumpkin spice kits and even bought a new brew pot from spike. Just the other day my only mode of transportation took a nose drive and I racked up a nice debt that is going to keep me from brewing for possibly several months😢. So here I sit reading all your stories, living vicariously through those brewing, wishing it was me.

sitting in Williams Brice stadium watching the USC Gamecocks take on the ECU Pirates!

And drinking a few homebrews...

I brewed Friday night. Spent the rest of the weekend hanging with the kids cause wifey is out of town. Feel like I ran a marathon... and I didn't.

I had an e-mail conversation with the legendary Ron Robinson. He's selling me the only remaining set of his Crosman model 160 Pellgun scope mounts left anywhere that I can find. He won championships with a Crosman 160 & a Weaver V22 scope like mine. He was so impressed with the couple pics I sent him, that he decided to sell me the last matte aluminum set of mounts left in his personal parts stash! I paypal'd him yesterday. Can't wait for them to get here so I can finish my model 160resto I posted videos on in the forum below. I'm flattered that he liked my gun enough to sell them to me! :ban:
Here's a shot of me eyeballin' the Weaver V22-A scope from the 70's on my 1955-56 variant one model 160;

I will definitely be Moose hunting. Whether or not I do any Moose shooting is another matter all together.

Wish me luck.

I'll be at a high school football game on Friday night because my daughter cheers. Then to Ole Miss to see if University of Memphis can beat them for a second straight year on Saturday. Sunday is the drive back from Oxford, to the first of my son's baseball games, to a trampoline "park" for a birthday party, and back to the fields for the second game of the Sunday little league double header.

I'll be at a high school football game on Friday night because my daughter cheers. Then to Ole Miss to see if University of Memphis can beat them for a second straight year on Saturday. Sunday is the drive back from Oxford, to the first of my son's baseball games, to a trampoline "park" for a birthday party, and back to the fields for the second game of the Sunday little league double header.

Very much the same. High school game tonight and USC Gamecocks vs Texas A&M tomorrow.

Back