What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking about brewing mumme', Burton barleywine, & some more German ales while freezing me bumm off in these negative temps with snow blowing...

Dealing with a snow storm (blizzard - Jonas). Fortunately, I've got plenty of beer and wine. Oh yeah, some food too. Got 10 gals of gas for the snow blower and generator yesterday. Gonna call in sick later on. I'm supposed to work the eve shift (3p-1a) when the storm is going to get worse. Just gonna chill most of the day (no pun intended).

Hip & back pains getting worse, but at least the wound center is getting my infected leg healed. But 10 years of constant pain is enough. Too many pills to drink some beers...welcome to my weekend.

Supposed to be at work, but can't even get out of my driveway because of snow, so going to alternate between running the snowblower/shoveling, putting wood in the woodstove and getting caught up on racking 10 carboys of cider. May fit some beer bottling in.

First flakes starting to fall in CT.

I did 4 double brew days in the last week and a half. I have 8 carboys that need wracking off. Dry hopping 2 IPA's. Then taking a ride in hopefully a crap load of snow to test out my new Jeep while heading to pickup a bunch of kegs from a bar that changing to the new boxs of soda. SCORE!:ban:

Feeling like ****e,early night and then all day at the zoo tomorrow with grade six kids.
Yeah! Hmg$@#&/

I was gonna go out and run the snow blower around for a bit. Got all bundled up and realized it still snowing sideways. Did someone say home brew? Don't mind if I do...

Shoveling an insane amount of snow.It snowed heavy for 6 hours after this picture was taken.

20160123_155908.jpg

Put up about 100' of crown moulding.

Everything is crooked.... Walls, ceilings, moulding and the mitre saw isn't cutting true. Looks like crap right now.

But nothing a ton of caulk won't hide.

Put up about 100' of crown moulding.

Everything is crooked.... Walls, ceilings, moulding and the mitre saw isn't cutting true. Looks like crap right now.

But nothing a ton of caulk won't hide.

Carpenters motto...pound it to fit, paint it to match.

Just finished final checklist on truck, trailer and race van. I am ready to go to Barber Motorsports Park on Thursday for 4 days of racing, homebrew drinking and telling lies. Only things left to pack are the 15 gallons of beer (weather will be too cold in the interim) and a giant cooler of Mountain Dew...it is a 14 hour tow after all.

Wishing I had the cash to get my keg I found, parts to make my keggle, hlt, and sparge arm. I literally have everything lined out and all parts readily available, now it's just coming up with the cash.

Tomorrow: cleaning up all the chaos from getting a keezer build done faster than I would have liked (that'll teach me to say I'll have one ready for the Super Bowl when I didn't start brewing or building until 4 weeks ago). I brewed 4 5-gallon batches in 3 weeks and (mostly) built the keezer in a week and a half (still have to connect the hinges and fan, but it runs and pours cold beer).

Sunday: Super Bowl party

Yeah, I'll be watching the Super Bowl like everyone else.

I hope to brew twice in the next two weeks though.

*crosses fingers*

Remodeling an old office, new piercing (possibly bumped to Mon), gaming, and general house stuff. Though I am brewing lol so at least I have that to look forward to with the other boring stuff

I'll be trying to seriously hurt my beer stash and kill what I can. I'll also be watching and cringing at my first lambic ever. I still can't imagine purposely infecting a perfectly good Hefeweizen.

Building a barbed wire fence at the new property. Moving in to the house in a few weeks and I gotta have the barns ready for about 40 heifers.

Good news is that the new place comes with a shop! Aka new brewery baby!!!

Building a barbed wire fence at the new property. Moving in to the house in a few weeks and I gotta have the barns ready for about 40 heifers.

Good news is that the new place comes with a shop! Aka new brewery baby!!!

I too am putting up fencing around about 60 acres (that have been neglected) as we're getting heifers this spring! Family land (in laws) that we've decided to put cattle on after 40+years of sitting while all of us raise our families. I retired to this!!??

Getting ready for two weeks in Hawaii! Have an AG brew in the works for when we return. Our first AG, a lager, while we have a 48 deg brew room but didn't want to start it before we got back.

Working at the slave mill...Not really, but it seems like one at times..But I am working..Might actually get around to installing the XM radio in my work truck..Should be home early enough Sunday to see at least part of the game..Will see, as long as my dispatcher remembers it is my weekend to work!

We have 30-40 ladies coming over for the baby shower Saturday, for which I am cooking and providing the libations. Smoking a 10lb pork butt for them.

I was brewing Sunday until my step-mothers cousin passed away, services are on Sunday. Now the Superbowl party has been moved to my house. Smoking a brisket and cooking fajitas.

So instead its a weekend of cooking and cleaning and hosting.

I too am putting up fencing around about 60 acres (that have been neglected) as we're getting heifers this spring! Family land (in laws) that we've decided to put cattle on after 40+years of sitting while all of us raise our families. I retired to this!!??

Sounds like your families looked heavenward, & saw a bonanza? :D Will be taking a first FG on the porter this weekend.

A rock wall that's mostly decorative but semi-functional as a retaining wall fell over on Weds. It's in the upper 30s today so I can't say it's too cold for yardwork, so I have to fix it today. Tomorrow, Super Bowl get-together. I'll fill up a growler of my newly-tapped Oatmeal Stout.

We have 30-40 ladies coming over for the baby shower Saturday, for which I am cooking and providing the libations. Smoking a 10lb pork butt for them.

I was brewing Sunday until my step-mothers cousin passed away, services are on Sunday. Now the Superbowl party has been moved to my house. Smoking a brisket and cooking fajitas.

So instead its a weekend of cooking and cleaning and hosting.

That is funny, because I am in the same boat. We are co-hosting a neighborhood baby shower. I am currently smoking 15lbs of pork shoulder right now and brisket will be added shortly. I am sorry to hear about your loss though.

Back