What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since all my fermenters are full, and I couldn't brew, I added some new equipment. In the process of going to 5 gallon batches, from one gallon, so today I built myself a wort chiller. We have well water, so I like to watch how much water I use. Got a fountain pump to recirculate from a bucket of ice water. Initial tests looks like it should work good.

Last weekend now but got to race at Barber Motorsports Park...against Skip Barber no less!

The 24 Hours of LeMons race had a event there and Skip finally got his museum guys in order and they fielded a Nissan 200 SX with 240 drive train. One of my drivers even PASSED the founder of organized high speed driver training in American...in a 1995 Pontiac Trans Sport Minivan with 6' folding wings. Granted, he was immediately re-passed and Skip is like 75 now, but still.

Some pictures on our facebook pge but the best coverage comes out a week or more later on Roadkill and a month later on the 24 hours of LeMons wrap up video.

https://www.facebook.com/BadDecisionsRacing

Wait, bag-in-a-box is new in CT? You sir, may have a goldmine in your state and its name is cornelius.

It's not new here. All you need to do is go into the crap areas to bars you wouldn't drink in. They all still use the kegs.

I'm going to a Biker bar tonight in BPT that is holding a few kegs for me.

Installing crown moulding in the guest bathroom and buying all the other materials to update the flooring and finishes in there as well.

Converting the race van from the horrible 4T60E automatic to a manual transmission out of a 2001 Cavalier, axles from a 4-cylinder automatic Fiero and the flywheel from a Buick 3800-powered Firebird/Camaro.

What can possibly go wrong?

Starting on the complete remodeling of my kitchen. Taking it down to the studs, so I can add a few more electrical lines and move the water lines. Building new cabinets, all the lower cabinets will be drawers that pull out and have the Blumotion soft closing. LED under cabinet lighting with remote control dimmer. Then new tile flooring.

Building new cabinets, all the lower cabinets will be drawers that pull out and have the Blumotion soft closing. LED under cabinet lighting with remote control dimmer. Then new tile flooring.

You will love the all-drawers. I had a hard time convincing the (now ex-) wife that it was the only way to go but in the end she admitted I was right.

Cheapest way to get blu-motion (or equivalent) hardware for most folks is buying Ikea cabinet boxes with no drawer fronts or doors. This is assuming you can make it fit you dimensions. I did and even found a nice (of course discontinued now) traditional shaker door/drawer in a dark cherry. My kitchen is tiny for such a big house but still ended up with lots of usable space.

Wanted to brew, but Im coaching in a hockey tournament this weekend. The hotel won't let me brew. Bastids!!! Lots of drinking though, so there's that. You know hockey parents..

I was supposed to be brewing right now, but my buddy said he's coming by to pick me up so we can go out for some drinks. Over an hour ago.

:mad:

I literally had the strike water heating when he messages me telling me he was coming by to scoop me up. Bah!

So, I am sitting around, waiting. That's what I am doing instead of brewing.

frustrated.gif

I was supposed to be brewing right now, but my buddy said he's coming by to pick me up so we can go out for some drinks. Over an hour ago.

I literally had the strike water heating when he messages me telling me he was coming by to scoop me up. Bah!

frustrated.gif

Your friend sucks..... he should be bringing over beer to hang while you brew...

Sorry feeling a bit surley tonight.

frustrated.gif

So, tell that bastid you're brewing and he needs to bring the beer to you.

Your friend sucks..... he should be bringing over beer to hang while you brew...

Er yeah, this. :mug:

Nice view. Now if their was just somethin' tasty to shoot at! More cleaning in the brewery so I can dirty it all up again soon. Ugh...me no like...

Adding storage space under the basement stairs. 2-3 owners ago finished the basement and made this area closed in dead space. I opened it up. Today's task was framing it to make it ready for drywall next weekend.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456703757.165303.jpg

These are the best friggin screws ever! Self drilling, rust proof and torx head. With an impact drill these can easily split a 2x4 in half if you aren't careful.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456704005.099818.jpg

Going to Austin for my first anniversary. Dinner at the restaurant where we had our first date and our rehearsal dinner, then drinks with friends.

Bottling half my batch on Saturday morning (the other half is being racked onto mangos), then the rest of the weekend is comprised of watching curling at the Brier.

Hopefully having the remainder of work done on the heating/airconditioning replacement I have been getting done. Seems to be great timing as things are looking like I will have to wait until next fall to try out the newly installed gas heat upgrade over the old 20+ year old heat pump I had previously as temperatures have been in the upper 70's and we dont look to be getting another freeze for a while.

Then once the garage is empty enough of all that equipment I am going to reorganize it and my brewing crap so that maybe I can get a brewday in next weekend or if I somehow manage to adjust to this afternoon shift work and can wake up early enough a midweek day brew.

Taking my BJCP written exam. And continuing to cram before that. I'm most of the way there. Between cramming all night tomorrow night and most of Saturday morning, I think I'll be good. At least good enough to get the meager score I need to hit National. But I'm try to get the score for Master right out of the gate (but not holding my breath) and then just worry about getting points.

Back