What are you brewing today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamoore

Reaction score
I'm aiming for a 7%, 125IBU IPA.

The mash is mashing right now. 30 minutes to go...

What do you have going on?

I like hoppy beer, but 125 IBU will pucker my anus!

I just finished a Oatmeal stout. Now I am doing an all extract Noble Steam beer. 0.25 oz of Halltertau, Saaz, Tettneng and Spalt. at 60 min and then the same amounts at 15 min.
Yeast San Fran Lager

I brewed 2.5g Amarillo APA (1.060). Actually I hit a bit high on that OG. Today I am brewing 2.5g Simcoe APA. The chiller is doing its work. (90F) right now. I have 2.5g Cascade APA in the fermenter from last week, and I have a 2.5g Centennial APA on deck for later this week. Hop experiments!

(11 gallons)
15 lb Great Western Two-Row
2 lb Home Torrified Wheat
1 lb Simpson's Crystal Maris Otter 50-60L
4 oz Honey Malt

2 oz Centennial FWH
.25 oz Magnum 60 min
2 oz Centennial 5 min

I brew it a lot and change up a bit. Jacobs Well Pale Ale.

I'm doing a 3 gallon oatmeal stout batch today. I never did a 3 gallon batch before, or used my former HLT as an MLT, so I overshoot my volume by a LOT. I guess I'm making a 4 gallon batch of stout............:D

I have a Maris Otter and US Golding SMaSH ready to go for tomorrow. Using Wyeast British Ale in a 2000 mL starter. Making a 6 gallon batch, original gravity 1.0523.

:off: Any recommendations for boil length with Maris Otter? Does it benefit from a longer boil?

I have a Maris Otter and US Golding SMaSH ready to go for tomorrow. Using Wyeast British Ale in a 2000 mL starter. Making a 6 gallon batch, original gravity 1.0523.

:off: Any recommendations for boil length with Maris Otter? Does it benefit from a longer boil?

No, I don't imagine that a longer boil will matter, unless you want to go with a Scottish type, and boil the first runnings to carmelize them. Otherwise, an hour long boil would be sufficient.

Just finished a Honey Blonde. I cut back on the honey because it seemed like A LOT in the recipe. Used a half pound instead of the full pound it called for in a 5gal batch. Good call?

I picked up some 1gal jugs at my LHBS to do some six pack brews. Have alot of DME left over and plan on doing a few minibrews this week. Any suggestions? May grab some hops and try a pale ale or two.

It took me 5 hours to mow the yard for the first time. Dead battery, busted fuel pump, yard was taller than the hood of the lawnmower.....

I might keg some stuff tomorrow, no brewing.

Fastest brew day ever. 4 hours. All grain spin off of Janet's brown. Used simcoe instead of NB to bitter and am using a Yorkshire yeast. When Yorkshire yeast and chocolate malt come together, it's like crack. You just can't get enough.

I bottled my "house" IPA tonight. Won't get to brew until next weekend though.

Finished a Bavarian Hefeweizen today.

Plan to knock out a Belgian Wit on Wednesday.

Then I'll only need two more to fill my kegerator! lol

Late to the party, but I brewed an NB St. Paul Porter yesterday. Judging by the taste of the OG sample, it's going to be a test in patience to not drink it all immediately upon it carbonating up.

Later this week I'll be doing an amber ale. It seems I went from just wanting a pipeline to wanting a pipeline with a variety of choices.

Back