what are we drinking after zombie apocalypse?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenjaminBier

Reaction score
if you're like me, you're always planning your next brew. well what about your post-apocalypse brew? filling up your bunker with dry foods and rations is a good idea of course, but what about fermentables?

I assume well mostly be drinking
A) DME Gruit beer
B) Nettle beer
C) Bloodthirsty zombie-bee Mead

if you're like me, you're always planning your next brew. well what about your post-apocalypse brew? filling up your bunker with dry foods and rations is a good idea of course, but what about fermentables?

I assume well mostly be drinking
A) DME Gruit beer
B) Nettle beer
C) Bloodthirsty zombie-bee Mead

no thanks. i'll be looting a map to yakima valley.

I would skip trying to make good beer and just focus on making moonshine. Besides drinking it, I could use it for fuel and sanitization. It also stores better and is a lot more portable than beer.

I would skip trying to make good beer and just focus on making moonshine. Besides drinking it, I could use it for fuel and sanitization. It also stores better and is a lot more portable than beer.

Moonshine.. it's kind of like the swiss army knife of alcohols, isn't it?

yeah, i'm with the liquor idea. the only thing keeping me from doing it now is laws. i figure, post-apocalypse, there won't be much law. i guess other than "don't touch my moonshine and i won't feed you to the zombies.

come on guys, read the guide. fry hitting a zombie in the head without alcohol. hard enough. then try it after getting lit on some homebrew. seriously bad plan.

i vote apfelwein. much less prep time, means more time reinforcing structure and killing zombies. no boiling means no smells or smoke, to attract zombies or looters.

In my neck of the woods drinking and target practice go hand in hand. I like to think it calms the nerves.:drunk:

i get better at things when i'm drunk, such as: pool, beer pong, being awesome, being loud, fighting, remembering names, being a dick, being awesome, caring, not caring, horse shoes, sports, television, the lottery, walking straight lines, lying. anyway, my point is, i bet i'd be better at zombie smashin too.

best thing i have heard all day...lol

i get better at things when i'm drunk, such as: pool, beer pong, being awesome, being loud, fighting, remembering names, being a dick, being awesome, caring, not caring, horse shoes, sports, television, the lottery, walking straight lines, lying. anyway, my point is, i bet i'd be better at zombie smashin too.

zombie smashing, i have no doubt would be better with a few drinks. long-distance sniping, on the other hand.....
well, maybe.
i guess i'll just keep some non-drinkers around, just in case.

i too, get better at being awesome, and being a dick, when drunk. beer pong has this sort of "sweet spot", same with pool and bowling.

Zombie sniping would probably get pretty boring since they move so slow. Might as well get drunk just to even things up a little bit. All the non-drinkers can move you out of harms way when you pass out.

Oh it is impossible and its even worse in Chicago. I just keep all my stuff out of state;)

Nah, that's just up there in that corner of the state. Down here in corn country it's not much different than the rest of the states. The only notable differnce is the lack of CCW for us but we share that with the Wisconsonites.

Nah, that's just up there in that corner of the state. Down here in corn country it's not much different than the rest of the states. The only notable differnce is the lack of CCW for us but we share that with the Wisconsonites.

That and we need to have a state issued firearm id, which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of and I refuse to get.

That and we need to have a state issued firearm id, which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of and I refuse to get.

Truth there. Though the FOID thing isn't any more invasive than the all the Brady bill stuff. Since I buy more than 1 gun every 8 years my net privacy loss is a wash. Heck the background check to renew my coaching certificate annually is more extensive than the FOID registration every 8.

Back