What are these?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbo26

Reaction score
I was given (2) 3 gallon kegs.. (A) Anyone have any idea what kind of system would be needed to use these? (B) Could these be converted to a ball lock system/ and how would I do that? Thanks..👍 image.jpg

They could have been used for almost anything....milk maybe??? either way, if you keg now then I would assume you know how to convert one over. Otherwise just google it or look on youtube.

Thanks for your reply.. I have no experience kegging... I will be kegging my next batch as soon as it is ready, but I will not be using these.. I have 5 gallon kegs for that.. I am a true newbie when it comes to kegging..

I guess what I'm looking for is a starting point on what type of kegs these are to know how to convert them..

First step would be to unscrew those posts and see if the thread looks similar to your 5 gallon kegs.

Yeah, unscrew the quick disconnect post at take a peek. You might be able to try and screw on the posts from your 5 gallon kegs, and if that works just get replacement posts from you LHBS or an online supplier.

Cheers.

Just be careful when removing and installing the posts. If you feel it bind up a bit, stop. Stainless likes to gall up when you try to force thread and it will seize.

if you take the white cap off does the fitting look like a regular ball lock keg. I would think it is the inlet fitting. Should be no problem to convert to ball lock kegs

Thanks for your help, all.. Gonna mess with those kegs today.. Thanks again..

Back