What are some possible uses for Bonlander 10L Munich ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msa8967

mickaweapon
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A local homebrewer is getting ready to move and is selling off some bags of grain. He has a 50 lb sack of Bonlander 10L Munich for just $20 and I would like to know if anyone could suggest possible recipes/styles of beer that would make the best use of this grain.

I have brewed with Munich before but not as a basemalt so it might take forever to use up 50 lbs. I am not sure of uses for Bonlander 10L Munich as a basemalt and would like to hear any ideas you might have.

Thanks,

Sounds good. I have not made either of these before but now I know what to search for in the recipe data base.

Any idea how long uncrushed grain may stay good for? I store my grain in plastic bags with twist ties and then place the bag inside a bucket with tight fitting lid.

A lot of people like 1-3 lbs of Munich in their IPAs, or 2-4 lbs in their Amber Ales, in addition to to the styles mentioned above. Any beer that needs a bready/malty kick can use some Munich.

One of my best beers (recipe in the drop down), my Belgian Amber Strong Ale, uses Munich malt and a couple pounds of corn sugar. It's kind of like a super dry doppelbock with funky Belgian yeast esters - malty, with hints of cotton candy and apple/pear, and dangerously quaffable.

Latest posts

Back