What and where to drink in Tennesee?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrinksWellWithOthers

Reaction score
So I'm heading to Tennessee for 4 days with swmbo and her family. We're going to be staying in Gatlinburg. I've already found the Smokey Mountain Brewery so I'll be stopping into the brewpub. Has anyone ever been there and can recommend any beers? Can anyone recommend any other places in the area for food and beer? What local beers should I try that I probably won't be able to get up here in MA?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.. I accidentally screwed myself into going on this trip and I'm hoping good beer can make it worthwhile. :rockin:

If you're in Gatlinburg, Smokey Mountain Brewery would be the place. Calhoun's in Knoxville have their own microbrewery as well.

As far as commercial beers that may not be available in MA, I would try the Shiner products. They're most noted for Bock, but they also have a hefe as well as seasonals.

I'm not sure if Yazoo is available in MA, or even Gatlinburg for that matter, but they are out of Nashville and have decent enough beers.

Pack beers in and picnic. That's the best way, then you don;t have to go into town. Otherwise, the SM brewery was pretty good and the guys were really nice and gave me a very in depth tour once I told them I was a home brewer. I thought there Helles was very good.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'll definitely be looking for Shiner and Yazoo because I can't find them up here. I know I'm going to Smokey Mountain so I'll be sure to tell them I'm a homebrewer as well.

Back