What a beauty!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluedragoon85

Reaction score
Here is my American Pale Ale. This is the second batch of beer I have brewed. It has been 3 weeks in bottles (1 week primary, 2 weeks secondary) and I must say, it came out quite delicious and is by far the hoppiest beer I have had (can't wait to have an IPA). This batch was made from a homebrewery.com Yellow Dog Pale Ale extract kit. My first batch was a Hefeweizen that also came from this cite. They both came out excellent. There is also a London Porter carbonating in bottles (from the same place). However, because of the flat rate shipping, great reviews and selection, I have moved to AHS. :mug:

HPIM0071.jpg

Looks good! Glad to hear that your first two batches have turned out well.

Welcome to the obsession. :mug:

Looks good! Glad to hear that your first two batches have turned out well.

Welcome to the obsession.

Thanks! It sure is an obsession, with benefits :mug:

Looks great, bet it tastes even better, waiting on my first bottle batch to carb up, brewing my first keg batch this weekend.

I brewed the Yellow Dog Pale a couple of weeks ago and tasted it as I ran it into the 2nd stage...its gooood! Of course I mess with everything and added a couple of ounces of simco (sp?) hops to dry hop it into something even hoppier than the kit.
Bottling is this weekend and then in a couple of weeks we'll taste.
As a side note: As a rule, I like the Home Brewery kits and have used them for years and have always been pleased with the outcome. As a kit brewer, I can't say that about a lot of other home brewing supply outfits. I have had many "pour this sob down the drain" kits, granted some my faultly brewing but mostly the old malt extract that came with them. So I've done some research, bought new equipment and am I'm now ready join in the fun of all grain brewing!
Though, I will still use the Home Brewery kits in a pinch...they just cant be beat.
My 2 cents.

Looks great, bet it tastes even better, waiting on my first bottle batch to carb up, brewing my first keg batch this weekend.
Yup! It is pretty good! to bad I'm almost out of brew :( Most of my friends have been curious to how my homebrew tastes and so I was anxious for feedback. However, I have another batch waiting and I will try and make this one last. Good luck on your first keg batch! I hope I make that move in the near future.

I brewed the Yellow Dog Pale a couple of weeks ago and tasted it as I ran it into the 2nd stage...its gooood! Of course I mess with everything and added a couple of ounces of simco (sp?) hops to dry hop it into something even hoppier than the kit.
Bottling is this weekend and then in a couple of weeks we'll taste.
As a side note: As a rule, I like the Home Brewery kits and have used them for years and have always been pleased with the outcome. As a kit brewer, I can't say that about a lot of other home brewing supply outfits. I have had many "pour this sob down the drain" kits, granted some my faultly brewing but mostly the old malt extract that came with them. So I've done some research, bought new equipment and am I'm now ready join in the fun of all grain brewing!
Though, I will still use the Home Brewery kits in a pinch...they just cant be beat.
My 2 cents.

Nice! I hope you enjoy your Yellow Dog Ale! I sure have :) I myself do not have any other kits to compare with, but from the three batches I have brewed I have been happily satisfied. I'm still waiting on the London Porter but I got a taste of it during bottling and it was mouth watering.

that is an awesome looking beer. keep it up.... Yes and welcome to the obsession. Next thing you will know is you will start having 22 cases of fliptops, and you still dont have enough

sAvAgE said:
that is an awesome looking beer. keep it up.... Yes and welcome to the obsession. Next thing you will know is you will start having 22 cases of fliptops, and you still dont have enough

That's how it starts!
Welcome aboard!:mug:

My "dry hopped up" Yellow Dog is about ready to pop n' pour and I CANT WAIT! It has been sitting in the bottles for almost 2 weeks carbonating and I'm waiting 'til St. Patricks day to commence the cerimonial uncorking! It tasted really good when I bottled it 10 days back, very hoppy especially with my addition of the dry hopping of simcoe hops in the 2nd stage fermentation. I believe it'll quench my hop addled taste buds!
Next up, an IPA from William's with a porter to follow. :rockin:

Peace, malt and hops.

Back