Wet hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twiztidkilla

Reaction score
What is the trick to wet hopping I know you use fresh hops but do u have to use more of them since their not dried would you double the amount or triple I know this guy shod giving me fresh cascade hops and I want to fresh hop but never done it yet any tips

I can't remember the conversion factor, but when I wet-hopped a few weeks back I did a search here on HBT and went from there. I just bottled a few days ago so am not sure how the beer turned out, but it smelled great.

B

birvine said:
I can't remember the conversion factor, but when I wet-hopped a few weeks back I did a search here on HBT and went from there. I just bottled a few days ago so am not sure how the beer turned out, but it smelled great.

B

Thanks for the info man let me know how it turns out

Approx 4 times the weight of dry. If you can't use them right away, freeze them "wet." Good luck and happy brewing.

I just used wet hops for the first time. Amarillo in the boil, and citra in secondary. 4 oz. wet = 1 oz. dry I think. it turned out fantastic, very very hoppy IPA. 4 oz in secondary took up alot of space, and held alot of beer at the end when i was bottling.

Back