Wisconsin We're looking for homebrewers in Wisconsin's Northwoods

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're a homebrew club in the Northwoods of Wisconsin (Eagle River, Minocqua, Boulder Junction, etc.), and we'd love for other brewing enthusiasts in the area to join us. We meet on the second Thursday of every month. All levels of brewer are welcome! Message me if you're interested.
Where do you meet? Mailing list? Facebook page? Website? This is great news.

We're a homebrew club in the Northwoods of Wisconsin (Eagle River, Minocqua, Boulder Junction, etc.), and we'd love for other brewing enthusiasts in the area to join us. We meet on the second Thursday of every month. All levels of brewer are welcome! Message me if you're interested.
I live in Phelps and am interested. Please pass along some contact info. Also belong to a homebrew group based in Rhinelander. The meetings are a bit of a drive. An hour on the road in winter is usually no fun!

We usually meet at 6 p.m. on the second Thursday of each month at Rocky Reef Brewing Company in Woodruff. We have a style of the month (October will be Extra Special Bitter), and everybody tries to bring in examples, whether it's homebrewed or store bought. Message me your email addresses and I'll get you added to the mailing list. We'd love to have you. And if you know anybody else who might be interested, send them along. Or just show up.

@SaisonMan I'm not sure about your clubs desired activity level, but sign-ups to participate in the Homebrew Alley at Fond du Lac Brewfest are open. It is a great opportunity to interact with other homebrewers and clubs within the state.

That sounds very cool. Thanks for thinking of us. How does the Homebrew Alley work?

@SaisonMan I'm not sure about your clubs desired activity level, but sign-ups to participate in the Homebrew Alley at Fond du Lac Brewfest are open. It is a great opportunity to interact with other homebrewers and clubs within the state.

About 15 homebrew clubs from all around the state bring and serve their own beer for like 4 hours. My club (the Manty Malters of Manitowoc) usually brings 6 or 8 beers (about 3-5 gallons of each). Servers get in free. They also have wine, mead, cider, lots of those too. Bring whatever you like, it's a great way to meet a lot of like-minded homebrewers. You can learn more and register here:

http://www.fondybrewfest.com/breweries--wineries-participating.html

About 15 homebrew clubs from all around the state bring and serve their own beer for like 4 hours. My club (the Manty Malters of Manitowoc) usually brings 6 or 8 beers (about 3-5 gallons of each). Servers get in free. They also have wine, mead, cider, lots of those too. Bring whatever you like, it's a great way to meet a lot of like-minded homebrewers. You can learn more and register here:

http://www.fondybrewfest.com/breweries--wineries-participating.html
Nice. Thanks for the info!

I belong to the Green Bay Rackers and the beer fests we participate in are about the as dmtaylor states.

I'm sure we have crossed paths at some point. I checked out Woodruff and that's a bit if a hike for me. I'd certainly like to attend others club events/ meetings. With winter getting close probably not so but next summer surely!

That would be great!
I belong to the Green Bay Rackers and the beer fests we participate in are about the as dmtaylor states.

I'm sure we have crossed paths at some point. I checked out Woodruff and that's a bit if a hike for me. I'd certainly like to attend others club events/ meetings. With winter getting close probably not so but next summer surely

Hey, we could use some ideas, too! We drink beer and talk about beer at our meetings. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
We do a lot of that too except there's more wine and spirts available now. Several members are distilling besides beer and wine.

Our meeting this last Saturday we talked about beer judging opportunities, setting up an educational committee and mentioning up coming brewfests.

If you check out rackers.org you can see what's going on. If you can't find something, let me know and I'll do my best to get it.

We do a lot of that too except there's more wine and spirts available now. Several members are distilling besides beer and wine.

Our meeting this last Saturday we talked about beer judging opportunities, setting up an educational committee and mentioning up coming brewfests.

If you check out rackers.org you can see what's going on. If you can't find something, let me know and I'll do my best to get it.
I would have guessed Packers football and deer hunting were popular topics up there.

I’ll check it out!

Update:
On the Green Bay Rackers website, rackers.org, you can see a listing of upcoming contests and brewfests.

Also, new to the site are interviews with club members. An interesting way to get to know the brewing backgrounds of folks in the club.

Update:
On the Green Bay Rackers website, rackers.org, you can see a listing of upcoming contests and brewfests.

Also, new to the site are interviews with club members. An interesting way to get to know the brewing backgrounds of folks in the club.
Waiting skeleton 18122023092041.jpg

I'm with you on the TTO, not sure what's up with that. There's was a large gap of time during the plague that I stayed away of any club events so I'm not sure what happened.

They are forming a educational committee, which they had many years ago, so maybe that might spark a renewed interest. I want to see the club expand more into topics of interest for folks wanting to learn about beer and brewing. At times it seems just an avenue for sharing homebrew, which is fine but throw in some education too.

Latest posts

Back