Weldless to Welded

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sicabeer

Reaction score
I have 3 pots that I had all set up with weldless fittings that worked great! I mean leak proof 100% awesome and was really happy.

Come winter and every single last screw nut etc has loosened up to the point of failure and I had a rather wet test run. I just can't have it loosening up every time the temperature changes.

I talked to a guy that can do food grade stainless steel welding, and he is going to look at it, and possibly just fuse everything to it. I asked about sanitary welding and he said he uses h7 soemthing weld?
What should I ask or look out for when I bring these things in?

I would get a scrap piece of similar stainless and a new coupling and pay him to do a test to see what his skills are.

I would get a scrap piece of similar stainless and a new coupling and pay him to do a test to see what his skills are.

THIS. and if you're really worried you can go from weldless to soldered pretty damn easy as well. check out the silver solder thread for the dimple tool specs and the proper solder and flux. really easy and cheap.

Latest posts

Back