Weldless fittings for keggle leaking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomtanner

Reaction score
Hey gents,

Just about every weldless peace I use on my keggles leaks from ball valves to sight glasses to thermometers. I'm pretty sure my holes are the correct size i am assuming the leaks are do to user error do can anyone give me some advice?

Everything is pretty tight and I have Teflon tape

Ah, your pre-edit post didn't say anything about leaks.... I should have qft :D

Where is it leaking from? It is from the actual ball valve to nipple joint or is it seeping between the keggle wall and the equipment?

Reno_eNVy said:
Ah, your pre-edit post didn't say anything about leaks.... I should have qft :D

Where is it leaking from? It is from the actual ball valve to nipple joint or is it seeping between the keggle wall and the equipment?

Yeah I wrote that in a bit of a hurry ! Every leak is seeping between the keggle wall and equipment.

You most likely over tightened them causing a seal to kink, a little food grade lube never hurts either...

image-1032156932.jpg

I can try to take some better photos after work when I get home. But all three keggles are currently leaking

Attachments

• image-1908188128.jpg
    image-1908188128.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 436
  • image-53942133.jpg
    image-53942133.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 468
What kind of O-rings are you using between the keggle wall and each component?

EDIT: Also, +1 to some keg lube on the O-rings to ensure a seal (and not over-tightening)

Reno_eNVy said:
What kind of O-rings are you using between the keggle wall and each component?

EDIT: Also, +1 to some keg lube on the O-rings to ensure a seal (and not over-tightening)

I did tighten them pretty well and afterward saw that one o ring was quite worn for just one use. What kind of lube do you guys recommend ?

Back