Weizenbock?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsfc

Reaction score
I've got a NB Bavarian Hefeweizen kit with wyeast 3068 I plan on brewing soon.

At any rate a work friend gave me a >year old hefe kit from a local store that has 6lbs wheat DME, unknown grains, 1oz Liberty hops. I want to follow the standard NB kit with something a little different so I am thinking about getting some LME (6#?) to add to the kit to make the weizenbock. Considering just pouring the new wort on the yeast cake from the NB. Anyone have advice? I'm still green.

To understand, you have already brewed the NB hef kit and you are looking to brew another beer (weizenbock) on the previous yeast cake? If that is correct, no problems - keep your yeast cake in the fridge until you are ready (keep the lid on it to keep out germs).

I believe your second question is a recipe if you double the DME, you will need to up your hops and add some more of the steeping malts - think a few pounds of Wheat (weizenbock) and perhaps Munich...

Back