Weizenbier go BOOOM!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim

Reaction score
I made a batch of Brewer's Best Weinzenbier yesterday and add 2 lbs of mashed up strawberries to make a Strawberry Wheat. It blew up this morning. My very first homemade bomb. Anyway, it took me about 2 hours to get a blow off tube from the hardware store. I was unable to have an airlock in it until I got everything squared away. As long as there is krasen in the top I should be okay, right? Will having it uncovered for an hour or two hurt it? The dam thing is bubbling away like crazy. Even with a 3/4 tube.

Relax.

Don't worry.

Have a home brew.

If it's offgassing like that, you're probably fine--hopefully no flies got in it or anything.

Was this in a bucket? If so, did you at least leave the lid loosely on top? As long as it's not just out in the open air it should be fine. Although open fermentation is practiced by some breweries, it's usually in an environmentally controlled room.

Yea, I left the lid loosely covering the bucket. Didn't think I was going to have much of a problem. Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Back