Weird taste..what happend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmmbeer

Reaction score
I just finished brewing an extract kit for a Czech Pilsner. Allowed the beer to ferment in primary for a week then transfered to a secondary fermentor for two weeks then kegged. Everything looked to be ok but the beer tastes a little off. It has like a sharp bitter/acidic taste, wondering if anyone could clue me in as to what I can do better in the future. Thanks

Not having all the facts I would lean toward dirty draught system. Try running a baking soda/water mixture through your lines and it should neutralize the acids the beer leaves behind in the system. That is, of course, assuming you've had a different beer already running through the same lines.

how weird? is it a marketable weird? :D could you pass it off as "i meant to do that" weird?

It must have been something in the lines, because after pouring about 5 pints it seems to be getting better. Im thinking that maybe it was picking up some yeast that had settled out of the beer.

mmmbeer said:
It must have been something in the lines, because after pouring about 5 pints it seems to be getting better. Im thinking that maybe it was picking up some yeast that had settled out of the beer.

Well, either that or,,, after drinking 5 pints you are just not tasting quite as clearly as you were.... :p

Back