weird mishap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheKrumm

Reaction score
So I brewed a beer about 2 months ago and I had about a pint of it out of my keg 3 weeks ago. Was just what I wanted, light on malt with a good crisp hop to it. Today I had some and it tasted super sweet. Thought it was a fluke so I went ahead and finished my drink and then got another, still was sweet. Anyone had something like this happen before? The beer is no more than 2 months old, it is an all grain batch, used dry yeast (us-05), it fermented out to 1.007, its a pale ale that I added most of my hops at the end. I don't know what else I could tell you guys. Oh when I first tried it, it wasn't in my fridge yet. Now it has been sitting for weeks, maybe just more yeast falling to the bottom? Haven't run into this, just lookin for some insight. I will be finishing the beer this weekend either way, just want that sweetness to settle back out, messing up all my damn hop goodness.

The best bitter that I just finished got noticeably more malty tasting after a couple of months.

Perhaps the late addition hops are fading away revealing the malty sweetness underneath.

IME beers full o hoppy aroma and flavor begin to lose that around the 7 week mark the hops begin to fade and it sounds like that's what's happening to your beer.

thanks for the feedback guys. Shouldn't have waited so long to begin drinking it anyways.

Back