Weird house / real estate listings.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it normal in the US to sell a house with all the interior, all the furniture and so on?

In Germany, we buy and sell usually empty houses. Nobody would want to buy somebody else's stuff.
No, they take pictures before the current owner has moved out sometimes. I would imagine that some of the rich people's houses are furnished, but as a peasant, I would have no way of knowing.

This looks like a nice house, I just wonder why there are no interior pics, and is posted by our equivalent to IRS?
🤔
https://www.hemnet.se/bostad/villa-6rum-arholma-norrtalje-kommun-slattsundsvagen-26-19100295
my guess is that it's old people died, no descendents, it happens here in finland too occasionally, considering the price is quite low for seaside near stockholm i would guess it's likely not updated inside since it was built and in bad condition.

It's fun to try and guess which nordic country a house is in, since building styles are so similar.

No, they take pictures before the current owner has moved out sometimes. I would imagine that some of the rich people's houses are furnished, but as a peasant, I would have no way of knowing.
also agents will often have a stock of furniture to "stage" photo's as it is easier to imagine rooms with some reference furniture instead of bare empty spaces.

Staging is pretty common even for homes which are still occupied while being listed for sale. That can involve storing a lot of stuff in the basement or even renting a storage unit. Realtors know that prospective buyers are easily distracted by a home’s decor or furnishings and spend more time critiquing the owner‘s choices than they do looking at the house. Having looked at a lot of houses where the owner’s design sensibilities were on full display I can understand…

Is it normal in the US to sell a house with all the interior, all the furniture and so on?

In Germany, we buy and sell usually empty houses. Nobody would want to buy somebody else's stuff.
I believe most of the rooms were staged (an exercise room with one piece of cardio?) Though leaving the girl’s name on the wall was a mistake for a few reasons.

Fn58lABXkAAYO_e.png

It was probably made that way so you wouldn't have to traipse through the house spreading blood and DNA when you were finished in the basement.
:ban:

True story. A good friend of mine has an older brother who is a big wig in Vegas. He and his wife, (at the time were both in their 70's, about 10 years ago), were living in an very nice neighborhood with Andre Agassi and Nicholas Cage as neighbors. But they wanted something bigger and nicer, for the two of them. So they bought a lot and built a 23,000 sq ft home (yes, 23,000 not 2300). A 10 car two story garage; at least four kitchens......I don't remember how many bedrooms, but each one was like a giant multi-room suite. The home had a large elevator, a panic room, an infinity pool overlooking the city, and a 22,000 bottle wine "cellar." Those are just some of the highlights, I'm sure I've forgotten more than I remember about it. We were able to take a tour of the house when it was mostly built, before they moved in. At any rate they ended up living there for a couple years and then sold it at a hefty profit. The things you can do if you're insanely wealthy.

6 Bedrooms but only two full baths? Hard pass!

;)
But was it 4 half baths As well? Way cool wine cellar/ European alleyway. Just there’s one photo of what looks like double stacked cabinets in a high ceiling area and I just thought who the hell is going to reach those? I’m 5’1”.

Not a place I'd buy, but I actually think it's really cool if you're into that sort of thing.

Indoor fire hydrant by the fireplace, unusable fireman's pole right next to a narrow spiral staircase in the middle of the room, and a dining room with one of the busiest carpets I have ever seen.

How is it possible that house is listed for such a low price? Is it bug-damaged to near-knockdown level?

It's in Visalia, CA. Which is kind of the middle of nowhere in the CA Central Valley. 3 hours from LA and 3 hours from the Bay Area or Sacramento. Not tons of great high-paying job prospects.

And a house that, well, weird, probably limits the potential buying pool.

Back