Weihenstephaner Vitus Clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAbrewing

Reaction score
Has anybody come across a good Weihenstephaner Vitus clone? I would love to have a batch of this great beer, especially during the summer. Looking for an extract recipe specifically.

Cheers,

Thanks a lot slarkin712. Went through the thread. Very informative.

I now need to figure out how to do cold fermentation in the most economical way. Any recommendations?

I've read up on some techniques such as "swamp cooling" but that seems to be more of a hassle than anything.

Swamp cooler is about as simple as it gets. Although you could do the wet t-shirt/towel on the fermentor with a fan blowing on it. Search for that here on the forums. If you want precise temp control without using a fridge look into building the "son of a fermentation" chamber. I've got one that I do ales in and it works great. Added a STC-1000 temp control to it, which allows very precise temp control.

Thanks slarkin712! All good info. I actually ended up buying a kegerator that fits two 5 gallon corny kegs. Great deal on amazon over the Christmas break. My thought is to use one corny keg as a secondary while the other has a Pliny the Elder clone on tap.

Back