Weekend Binder - 9/28 and 9/29

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
je87OTyVHNHP7.jpg

That was a delicious beer, especially for only being 2.7% or whatever it is. If it wasn't $12 per 6pk I would drink the **** out of it all day long.

$12/6 pack is much better than $6 for an 11.2oz bottle though

Jeppe makes some great beers. We're lucky to have him here in NYC.

Indeed. I've been drinking a lot more of his beer since he shifted most of the production to CT and lowered the prices. Yin and Yang for under $4 a bottle is a frigging steal. His brother could learn a thing or two about making tasty beer at a reasonable price point. Case in point, the Vanilla Shake I had yesterday was ****ing incredible, but at $10 I won't be buying very many. If he could put it in a 4 pack for $20 or less it would probably be a staple in my fridge.

Indeed. I've been drinking a lot more of his beer since he shifted most of the production to CT and lowered the prices. Yin and Yang for under $4 a bottle is a frigging steal. His brother could learn a thing or two about making tasty beer at a reasonable price point. Case in point, the Vanilla Shake I had yesterday was ****ing incredible, but at $10 I won't be buying very many. If he could put it in a 4 pack for $20 or less it would probably be a staple in my fridge.
The coffee beans in that one are expensive. I'm sure the price on that one isn't coming down unfortunately. :(

The coffee beans in that one are expensive. I'm sure the price on that one isn't coming down unfortunately. :(

Hmm, do you think that's the issue? The new batch of Beer Geek Breakfast in 11.2oz bottles is now priced at $6.50 or so, and it seems like the only difference between the two is the addition of vanilla beans. I know vanilla beans aren't cheap, but I can't help but think that if he moved production stateside (eliminating transatlantic shipping costs) he could hit a $5/bottle price point.

I've heard mixed reviews, so I've been really hesitant to buy one at $18 a bottle.
It is like drinking sour cherry juice. It is good, but it is so sweet with barely enough sour that it doesn't really line up with other kriek's I've had. Closest one is Boon Mariage Parfait Kriek, though the boon is less juice like and more funky than the 3F. I had it at a fest so it is easy for me to say I won't buy it for $18, but it isn't a bad beer by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back