Weekend Binder - 9/28 and 9/29

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
j2tFkiP.jpg

Loving this.

Really enjoyed that beer!!!

We finished in the middle of the pack in the cornhole tourney. My wife filled in admirably for my normal teammate.

But damn, who can complain with 80 degree weather and fresh hop DIPA? Night capping with something that's been in sitting in my fridge for a few weeks.

Cheers!

e4NMVMZ.jpg

Other beers tonight:

Jack's Abby Wet Hop Lager
Revolver Blood & Honey
Deep Ellum IPA
Sans Pagaie
Everett
Civil Dis #6
2012 Rumpkin
Beer Geek Vanilla Shake

hashtag wasted

Tasting Notes?

This batch isn't as fruity as previous double daisy cutter batches, much more grassy in the hop department (which is truer to style for regular Daisy Cutter). Malt backbone is a little sweet with a nice light body. Really drinkable for the close to 9% that it's at.

TLDR...would bang again/10

I was organizing some crap in the cellar, and asked my GF if she remembered what the unlabeled 750 was. It was in a box with nothing but De Garde stuff, so I was reasonably sure it was one of theirs. She said, "Lets crack It and find out!" Turned out to be a bottle of Mulligan. I hadn't planned on cracking this yet, but I can't argue with her logic.

66vRqDz.jpg

How's it tasting? We're still selling a case or more per week because the distributor still has a bunch, but since they don't bottle date I've been hesitant to grab one lately.

Pretty good, but you are right, it is a crap shoot, and I suspect this beer might be a bit old.

I'm not complaining too much though, it was $3.29 a bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back