Wedding Favor Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett3rThanU

Reaction score
My fiance and I are getting married next June and as one of the favors for the guests we're going to be giving each person a bottle of my home brew with a custom label on it. Right now I'm having a hard time coming up with a recipe or even a style for that matter. Being most of our guests are going to BMC drinkers, I know they'd probably like a standard wheat beer, a kolsch, a cream ale, or something along those lines, but to me that doesn't seem "special". Anyone have any suggestions on what style I should do?

Is this something they're going to drink at the wedding, or a 'save for one year' sort of thing?

If its the latter, a big saison may work. Should hold up well in the bottle, but is light enough that most BMC people would like it.

What about a belgian blonde? And/or a kriek for those who can adventure beyond BMC. May I suggest corking the bottles as well for that special touch.

What about a belgian blonde? And/or a kriek for those who can adventure beyond BMC. May I suggest corking the bottles as well for that special touch.

I know my fiance and lot of people would like a kriek, but I thought beers like that took years to make?

Yeah, 10 months may be pushing it. Sorry about that. But you still could make one and drink it on your 1 year anniversary :) Maybe you could substitute a New Glarus Belgian Red clone instead.

IMO, the perfect Wedding Brew is a brew with Honey. Honeymoon comes from the fact that new couples were supplied with 1 month of mead when they were married. Putting Honey into the beer makes it traditional and matrimonial.

Serving a Honey Wheat Ale at my sister-in-laws wedding on Sat.

Not exactly the same, but I gave a few bottles of a Kolsch I brewed recently as a wedding gift. The couple loved it it.

I just corked 260 bottles of Wine for my brother's wedding... Its a ***** and you better get some help on this one if you plan on capping or corking all those bottles yourself...

If they are BMC drinkers I would reccomend instead of going with a wheat beer.... get something you can filter and make clear... When most people who drink BMC think of beer they think of lager crystal clear... if they see that its cloudy they will more than likely not drink it or think less of it...

Just my 2 cents.

I serve Oberon at all events open to general public as my "safe" beer. Everyone likes it no matter what they normally drink.

The Oberon clone available here is very impressive IMO.

IMO, the perfect Wedding Brew is a brew with Honey. Honeymoon comes from the fact that new couples were supplied with 1 month of mead when they were married. Putting Honey into the beer makes it traditional and matrimonial.

Serving a Honey Wheat Ale at my sister-in-laws wedding on Sat.

I like that idea, plus I learned something new! I'll starting toying with honey recipes and see what I can come up with.

Back