We put in a full day already PHOTOS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammyk

Reaction score
We did the final racking on 30 gallons of wine today. Added k-meta, and sorbate. No finings because we let it clear on its own. With the exception of the Black Current (and it was clear) all of the wine was started in November of 2011.

We bought large Rubbermaid totes with lids and will store them in our crawl space to finish aging. We don't use our air conditioner because I hate air conditioning. We will check the air locks once a month.

In addition we have made about 30 gallons of skeeter pee...

wine1.jpg

wine2.jpg

wine.3.jpg

I did 3 to 5 gallons of each, only did photos of one of each.

I now prefer to make 2 gallons of each. We are not big drinkers...........

Hey guys this might sound like a dumb question... But what is skeeter pee??

Haha oh thats sweet!! So skeeter pee is more or less hard lemonade. Haha that's cool.

Sorry, I meant what was your fruit source? It's kind of hard to find black currant here. I can get some from Midwest, but you have to buy 96oz of fruit base.

I'm only doing 1 gal batches, so that's a little much for me. I'll have to see if I can get some currants locally. Alternatively, I could still use the pure and either freeze the remainder or turn it into jam.

Unlike the other 86 oz cans there is NO fruit in the Black Current. I thought you might like to know this..........

Back