Watertown/Fort Drum Area Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewmedic23

Reaction score
Just trying to see if there are any fellow brewers up here. I'm itching to brew some beer and trade ideas

Just getting here too check our bear world. It should tide you over

Yea I love bear world. I was talking to the owner two weeks ago and asked him about supplies and he has no interest in getting into it. They still have a bunch of great beer though

Hey everyone there are several home brewers up here...I am in Evans Mills, some others near by too, was a home brew club that meet at the Hops Spot in Sacketts the first THUR of the month, not sure if it is still going or not only been a few times...I have been brewing since '93, keg and working on finishing my eHERMS single tier three vessel 1/2 bbl system, send a pm for contact info,

RLTW

If you guys are looking to meet up and have and trade beers we still might be able to at hops spot or maybe just line it up in another place.

I'm as new as you can get (Still fermenting my first batch!), but I'm located a little ways outside of Dexter. If you guys decide to do a meet and greet, I'd love to attend and see what I can learn! :mug:

Everyone want to look at meeting at The Hop Spot in Sacketts this Thursday 7th FEB at 7pm...we used to meet there, we can check with Ryan and see if he will be open and allow us to met there?

Would love to but unfortunately I have a class that evening. Ill keep my eye on the thread for future get-togethers though!

Well as a rule of thumb weekends tend to work best for me. However I do need to add the disclaimer that between a career in public service and the shift work it entails, absolutely nothing is guaranteed lol!

I'm up for it. I didn't remember to follow this thread closely. Maybe we should get a Facebook group running. It seems that is a simply way to stay in touch rather than trying to check a thread.

I'm right in Dexter too. Are people still meeting at the hops spot?

Don't know. We have to schedule something I guess. If you guys pick a date and time, we can try and make it a common deal. I will create a facebook group if people use it.

I like the hops spot but I think it is a little small. I wish there was another beer friendly place we could meet.

Hey everyone.

Just stumbled across this thread and am currently wondering why it took me so long to find! Been in Jeff County since August and have been trying to network with a couple of people. Would be happy to organize a get together or even entertain the possibility of hosting one. Get back to me with some feedback so I can get an idea of how many people are interested.

-Cam

Hey everyone.

Just stumbled across this thread and am currently wondering why it took me so long to find! Been in Jeff County since August and have been trying to network with a couple of people. Would be happy to organize a get together or even entertain the possibility of hosting one. Get back to me with some feedback so I can get an idea of how many people are interested.

-Cam

Yeah Brian I think that your right...maybe we could rotate different locations? I am sure that I could use our fire station as a location, its beer friendly...or we can go to each others houses, or maybe back to the Wine Maker, like back in the day? ...I think we need more structure? Who has the Facebook page? Brewing again this week sometime if anyone is interested? Still need to figure out that PID??? Got 12 Rhizomes to plant and a new hop to build too!

Cascade
Centennial
Mt. Hood
Nugget
Sterling
Willamette

not sure if I will put it up back or maybe down by the road in the side yard close to a good source of water...will need a drip irrigation system I think, will be my mini hop farm test bed...doing it different this time...

Well I am willing to host the first get together. With this we can get a better understanding of everything. As of now I would like to get a gist of preferred meeting days/times. Please get back to me with this as well as any other ideas. Message me for phone numbers etc. I hope to hear from you all soon and hopefully we can get a set date for sometime within the next 4 weeks.

-Cam

CarthageBrewer said:
Well I am willing to host the first get together. With this we can get a better understanding of everything. As of now I would like to get a gist of preferred meeting days/times. Please get back to me with this as well as any other ideas. Message me for phone numbers etc. I hope to hear from you all soon and hopefully we can get a set date for sometime within the next 4 weeks.

-Cam

First Thursday of the month in May works for me 2 May anyone else?

Well Thursdays and Fridays for me are pretty much the only days that do not work. Wednesdays and Sundays are generally my day off, however, Mondays and Tuesdays are not out of the question either. I would also assume that Sundays would be the best day for most people. Any other takers?

Well Thursdays and Fridays for me are pretty much the only days that do not work. Wednesdays and Sundays are generally my day off, however, Mondays and Tuesdays are not out of the question either. I would also assume that Sundays would be the best day for most people. Any other takers?

Sunday's are probably my best days, usually home on the weekends.

Monday = Boy Scouts
Tuesday = Third TUE no good
Wednesday = First WED no good
Thursday = Not good in Summer months

FRI and SAT can be ok too....

Well I do feel that Sunday will be the best day. I have a gig Sunday May 5 and mother's day is on the 12 so how about Sunday May 19? This also gives us a month to organize. Any qualms with that?

Well I do feel that Sunday will be the best day. I have a gig Sunday May 5 and mother's day is on the 12 so how about Sunday May 19? This also gives us a month to organize. Any qualms with that?

That date is open for me at this point in time but could easily be sucked up due to my sons Eagle Scout Project, but don't let me stop the train. :mug::mug:

OK then. We will go with Sunday May 19. I will post a new thread in hopes of garnering more attention. Anyone reading this please inform anyone even remotely interested. Hope to get a good response.

-Cam

Back