water help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

positiverpr

Reaction score
i know that this is unlikely, but i'm unable to find any local water analysis.
My city report only contains contaminant report. Any one know any results for minden,louisiana (30 miles east of shreveport) or nearby? I'll probably have to send off a specimen for testing, but thought it is worth a try.

positiverpr said:
i know that this is unlikely, but i'm unable to find any local water analysis.
My city report only contains contaminant report. Any one know any results for minden,louisiana (30 miles east of shreveport) or nearby? I'll probably have to send off a specimen for testing, but thought it is worth a try.

You can get PH testing strips at your LHBS usually did you ask them? But IMO If your water tastes good to drink its good enough to brew with.

I think my water is probably fine without additions and i have some ph testing strips, but my curiosity(ocd) is the main reason that i'm looking.

positiverpr said:
I think my water is probably fine without additions and i have some ph testing strips, but my curiosity(ocd) is the main reason that i'm looking.

If you have strips what was the level? If your worried about contaminents...the boil will kill them.

My city report was the same: lots of info about all the bad things not in my water. To get the useful stuff, I asked for a point of contact at our filter plant. When I explained why I was interested, the plant manager emailed me spreadsheets showing weekly measurements of hardness and alkalinity for the year-to-date and all of the previous year.

Back