Watcha bringing to NHC 2012?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rorygilmore

Reaction score
NHC is only 3 weeks away! I thought it'd be fun to hear about what others are bringing so I know what to seek out at Club Night and the hospitality suites.

I'll go first...

I'm bringing 4 beers of my own, along with a handful of club projects:

- A big imperial stout that I aged in a small bourbon-style whiskey barrel that was scored from a local distillery, Woodenville Whiskey Co.
- A sour mashed, no boil, Berliner Weisse w/ brett.
- A small IPA (4.5%) which was my attempt to make a sessionable version of a Pliny clone.
- An 8% saison w/brett with tons of cherries added.

Club projects:
-We coaxed Naked City Brewing into brewing a collaboration with us: A whiskey barrel-aged imperial stout specifically brewed for NHC. We're pretty excited on how this one came out. Don (head brewer/owner and fellow HBT'er) was an amazing host and he really did a great job on this beer.

-Sour barrel project: Last June, we filled a 60 gallon white wine barrel with roughly 70% pilsner and 30% wheat and just about every souring/funk organism we could find. We had some leftover beer that didn't fit into the barrel, so that was aged separately in a corny keg. The plan is to serve both the barrel version and the corny version side-by-side at club night so that comparisons can be made between the two (spoiler alert: they are VERY different).

If you're interested in specifics, we put a bunch of detailed write-ups of our projects/beers here: http://seattleproper.com

Our club is bringing over 200 gal. I'm bring Rye IPA, Waldo Lake amber, Wee Shroomy, Tofu Pale Ale, and a Belgian IPA. One of the commemorative beers you get at registration is a Rye IPA I brewed with John Maier at Rogue.

I'm sad to say I can't make it from southeastern VA... SOOOO, I'm gonna start trying to get my club geared up to max out next year's NHC (if rumors of a Philly NHC turn out to be true).

I hope you all have an absolute BLAST! :rockin:

I'm sad to say I can't make it from southeastern VA... SOOOO, I'm gonna start trying to get my club geared up to max out next year's NHC (if rumors of a Philly NHC turn out to be true).

I hope you all have an absolute BLAST! :rockin:

Philly is true.

Denny said:
Our club is bringing over 200 gal. I'm bring Rye IPA, Waldo Lake amber, Wee Shroomy, Tofu Pale Ale, and a Belgian IPA. One of the commemorative beers you get at registration is a Rye IPA I brewed with John Maier at Rogue.

Color me jealous!

Tofu PA??? You've got me intrigued. What role does the Tofu play, if you don't mind me asking?

Won't be able to make it, but a few guys from my club (COHO) will be up there with a decent selection of beers. Don't miss out on our Bourbon Barrel. 2 of the last 3 kegs are headed up to Seattle.

How does a club sign up to pour their beer for club night? I looked through the AHA website forever but couldn't find that info.

Back