Was going to brew this weekend, but......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Msnbc said this morning it's down to a category 1. But that friggin thing is HUGE! Just the arms of that storm covered Florida on the satellite map. I'd make a like a heard of pigeons & get the flock outta there. Even Sam boarded up DFH & cheesed it inland. I don't blame anyone for packin it in with that monster comin...

I feel your pain. I had a brew lined up too. Now it will be next week.

+1 more in the same boat... I did transfer my pumpkin ale to secondary today (tastes AWESOME) but I really wanted to get my wiezenbock in the ferment chamber today too...

I live in S.E. Connecticut we are going (forecasters say anyway) to 70 - 85 MPH sustained winds. We'll see how it goes.

I've got friends with a boat over at Shenecosset in Groton - hoping for their sake that the area doesn't get whalloped to badly...

Just finished Fruit Of Irene Watermelon Wheat. Frozen watermelon doesn't go in until next week, though.

haha, sweet. I was spending my time making sure everything was locked down and prepared for the worst. Hope you're all set and this just blows by everyone.

cheers

I put everything away yesterday so I could brew this morning. Finished before the weather got real bad. Raining real hard now and I am safe in the house drinking a few homebrews.

I just hope we don't lose power. I need my sump pump to stay working. And of course my fermentation chamber to stay cool.
:mug:

beergolf said:
I put everything away yesterday so I could brew this morning. Finished before the weather got real bad. Raining real hard now and I am safe in the house drinking a few homebrews.

I just hope we don't lose power. I need my sump pump to stay working. And of course my fermentation chamber to stay cool.

Same boat. I live just outside Philly and got my pre-hurricane chores done yesterday so I could brew this morning. Started at 0730 and was done by noon. Now I've got a Victory variety pack and assorted home brews to get me through Armageddon.

Same boat. I live just outside Philly and got my pre-hurricane chores done yesterday so I could brew this morning. Started at 0730 and was done by noon. Now I've got a Victory variety pack and assorted home brews to get me through Armageddon.

Very nice. We stopped by for Hop Wallop and Yakima Glory...both very good, although I like the Wallop better.

Im at the shore right next to LBI in NJ, I brewed last nite a Brown Ale......Again,

Brown (I may LEAN) Ale!

Its ferming right now.

Soo is Irene coming right at us in about 6 hours... AHHHHHH Hope I'll be able to taste it in 2 weeks?

And My DFH Clone is DONE....to rack, or not to rack????????????????????

hardrain said:
Very nice. We stopped by for Hop Wallop and Yakima Glory...both very good, although I like the Wallop better.

Headwaters Pale Ale and of course Golden Monkey are my favorites. Also love Prima Pils and the lager. Come to think of it, I don't think they make a bad beer...

Im at the shore right next to LBI in NJ, I brewed last nite a Brown Ale......Again,

Brown (I may LEAN) Ale!

Its ferming right now.

Soo is Irene coming right at us in about 6 hours... AHHHHHH Hope I'll be able to taste it in 2 weeks?

And My DFH Clone is DONE....to rack, or not to rack????????????????????

You are a lot closer to the main event than I am. I am just across the river from Philly.

Batton down the hatches and stay safe.

yep we are under evac, but were staying, Dont think where exactly I live, I will get flooded, All around me may.....WILL! Were staying till when and if they kick us out! Who's going to watch the BREWSKI'S? Good luck and you keep safe. I really hope it does not destroy this area! I was here in 85 when Gloria swept through.....wasnt too bad! I heard it may affect us kinda like her? Time will tell!

Same here, I'm screwed if power goes out and sump pumps stop. Back up plan is to somehow use the auto siphon :) Coming down good now but wind isn't bad yet so that is good. I know :off: sorry.

just filled up my mashtun, bottle bucket and brew pot with fresh water incase we need it rather it be beer also hope my hops survive the storm

Aaaw,c'mon Irene! C'mon ta lur I yea c'mon...just had to say it...Just remember that storm is 500 miles wide,& only moving at 15 mph. It'll take a while to pass. Stay safe,& don't let brewing override your common sense.

Back