War of The Worts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in Downingtown. Bit of a hike to where it's being held but still plan on attending. Possibly going to enter some as well. Have to see how my porter turns out. What are you entering?

Entry deadline is 2/16/08.

Shame I don't really have anything primed to go that is within style guidelines. I have 2 bottles of my nut brown that hits the numbers and is a totally solid brew but I don't think it really has enough "snap" to be a big finisher (plus I want to drink em).

I entered a pale ale into this one...it was my first entry ever, so I'm geared up to get those results in the mail.

I was actually there at Iron Hill yesterday afternoon at 4:30 for the results announcement, but they must have been running behind. I waited about 45 min and was about to head out, but their Quadfather on cask made me an offer I couldn't refuse and next thing I knew I was finishing up a dinner, dessert, and coffee and still no announcement. It was about 7:30, so I just headed home. I'm not really sure why the discrepancy in times. I heard there was over 500 entries, but last year there was over 450 or so, so I can't imagine they were that blindsided. No biggie, but I feel sorry for anybody who travelled mucho distance to get there (and the long day had by some judges).

I'm not holding out hope for my brew, I just entered for the notes...but I was/am interested in the results. Was anybody else there who stuck it out long enough to hear them?

Speaking of...I was there for lunch on Saturday 'round 1:30pm and you could tell it was going to be a long day for everyone. The hostess said they were expecting over 350 people there by dinner time. My GF gave me a hard time for not entering anything and made me promise to next year.

We had the dunkelweizen and chocolate bock. Dunkelweizen was quite tasty and my preference of the two.

http://www.keystonehops.org/results13.htm

Back