want to drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggerthanyou83

Reaction score
If my beer is done carbonating can I just chill it for a few hours.then drink it? I understand it will be hazy but will it taste ok.

That's the idea. It shouldn't be hazy if it's done carbonating all the way, unless it's a naturally cloudy style. Even if it is cloudy, most hazes don't affect flavor very much, so I'd suggest going for it.

When you put'em in the fridge,they get chill hazed as soon as they cool down. It takes 3-5 days on average for the haze to clear again. I think they taste better clear.

When you put'em in the fridge,they get chill hazed as soon as they cool down. It takes 3-5 days on average for the haze to clear again. I think they taste better clear.

Not everybody gets chill haze. I don't. A beer that is boiled properly, chilled quickly, etc, generally won't get chill haze.

But if people do, then a couple of weeks in the fridge might be required to clear it.

In any case, you may notice some foaming if you open the beer before it is fully chilled. That's fine, and it'll improve with time but it's a little disconcerting the first time that happens.

I don't get chill haze either, but short of moving it to the basement, I usually don't chill it. English style beers taste much better when warm and flat (by American standards). :)

-a.

go for it. haze is probably suspended yeast (good dose of vitamin b complex). get some beer and vitamins at the same time :D

Back