• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy - 240v Pilot Light

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was following you on the other thread, but since you posted here....

You can turn your existing 120V lamp into a 240V lamp with the purchase of some resistors at Radio Shack.

You'll need to measure the resistance of the lamp itself to start. But then you just need to add as much resistance as the lamp externally.

120V hot line A connects to lamp, which connects on the other side to resistors, which connects to the other 120V hot line. Since the manually added resistors are roughly the same value as the internal resistance of the lamp, one half of the 240V will drop across the lamp and the other half of the 240V will drop across the resistors.

I did this on my panel after making a similar lamp-wiring boo boo like you did. :D

Back