Waking up early to brew on day off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjk49202

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Would you wake up at 5:30 am to get a full brew day? I have the opportunity to wake up early and brew before my doctor's appointment @230 tomorrow. Would you wake up early and get in a brew day, or would you just sleep in and get smaller stuff like moving the lawn out of the way? :mug:

I get up earlier than that on workdays, so that actually would be sleeping in for me.

(my alarm clock is set to ASS-O-CLOCK)

If you need to get up to brew and you want to brew then GTFU.

Edit: if the lawn police are going to cite you soon you might wanna get that outta the way and brew starting at 3 PM

I set an alarm clock to get up and brew just like I set an alarm clock to go fishing! Those are the important days!:rockin:

:) Well, I guess I did make a starter for a reason. Wake up early, get the mash going, mow the lawn and I"m golden. Note: I have a small lawn, it'll take 45 min tops. I think what I'm doing tomorrow is settled. The lawn police are not on to me, I just haven't mowed in while and it's rained a bit lately.

There are only three things I'd set my alarm for on a day off - brewing, golf, and snowboarding. If it were me I'd go for it.

My wife is going to be out of town this week so I'm going to try and get a brew in after work, starting at 6pm. We'll see what happens.

I frequently get up early on Sunday morning to brew. I crush grain Saturday night, get up at 6:00, turn on the burner and get brewing. Usually I can be at flame out by 9:00 when the rest of my family is ready for breakfast. I'll make breakfast, then clean up while wort is chilling, pitch yeast and be completely done by 10:30 and then have the rest of the day to spend with my family.

Agreed getting up early to do something you like is easy. Getting up early for work stinks!

Alan

I do it every monday, which is a day off for me. BUT, I definitely don't wake up at 5:30, so I'm not sure what to tell you. I'd love to say brew, but man I wouldn't wake up at 5:30 to do it!

Hell on my day off, I usually get up at 10, eat breakfast, drink coffee, then start...

Screw it, I still say brew!!!

I'd wait to brew after the Dr's appointment b/c then you can drink while you brew.

I always brew early, I start heating up water as I am getting the kids breakfast. after they are off to school I start. I brew with coffee in hand. when they get home from school its like it never happend. well exept for the sankey chugging along.

the best part of waking up is wort running in your pot. :mug:

I'll oftentimes wake up early just to get a quick brew in. A quick extract or BIAB "No Chill" batch only takes a couple of hours, I'll make it while I drink my coffee and spend time with my Daughter & Wife. Then it's off to face the rest of the day.

I set up things the night before and get my HLT filled with water, then I set the timer on the hlt - PID controller to start 1 1/2 hours before I get up, so the heated water is ready to go into the Mash Tun. Saves a ton of standing around waiting time.

Salute! :mug:

Back