Waiting a few hours to boil.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewerJase

Reaction score
So I am in the middle of brewing a raison when I sliced my finger pretty bad breaking a carboy. (Will not be using carboys in the future) I finished sparing and now have a kettle with wort ready to boil. Is there any issues continuing brewing in a few hours after I'm back from the hospital?

Get all fixed up and then finish it off. If you haven't cleaned up the grain, that may get weird but your wort that will be boiled should be fine

At the hospital right now. Totally forgot how slippy oxiclean makes things.

Hope you're doing alright and that you're getting some good treatment.

Look at the bright side, now you can post in the "Broken Glass Carboy Horror Stories Compendium" @day_trippr linked, and I'm pretty sure you can come up with a pretty great name for this batch.

Hope you're doing alright and that you're getting some good treatment.

Look at the bright side, now you can post in the "Broken Glass Carboy Horror Stories Compendium" @day_trippr linked, and I'm pretty sure you can come up with a pretty great name for this batch.

Hahahahaha. Yup, I now one of those carboy horror story guys.

Hmmmm what's a good name for a Brett saison that almost cut my finger off?

Here's a pic of my nasty finger.

View attachment 1498601171040.jpg

Pics like this on HBT are why I switched away from glass a few years ago. There are literally dozens and dozens of photos like yours on this forum. One of the guys on our group buy cleaved off his forearm, and that was the last straw for me!! Heal well and get yourself a safer fermenter first chance you get, you know, after you get that saison brewed (wink!!). Cheers!

Waiting on boil should be totally ok.... especially for a saison. Worst case is you get some souring... no problem with a touch of that in a saison

Big Slice Summer Saison - It'll leave you in stitches!

I dunno. That's the best I've got before finishing my first cup of coffee.

Big Slice Summer Saison - It'll leave you in stitches!

I dunno. That's the best I've got before finishing my first cup of coffee.

Not bad at all. But with the Brett in there might be ready closer to fall.
Maybe, bloody Brett saison. Or missing finger farmhouse.
Or farm finger saison. The possibilities are endless.

Not bad at all. But with the Brett in there might be ready closer to fall.
Maybe, bloody Brett saison. Or missing finger farmhouse.
Or farm finger saison. The possibilities are endless.

Too bad it's not a citrus saison... I had something like vv this vv in mind for the label.

slice.jpg

How about Finger Funk Brett Saison?

That's why I use the carboy.net covers 100% of the time now. Only remove when cleaning. Ouch! Hope your beer turns out great.

Latest posts

Back