Waited too long to keg...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsmith179

Reaction score
Brewed another batch of "Cream of Three Crops" on July 4th weekend. Have been very busy with a new dog and other stuff and finally got around to kegging this batch. With all of my other batches, I gone two weeks in the primary and an additional 3 days in a secondary with gelatin. This batch has been sitting in the primary since being brewed.

After 3 days in the keezer, I took a taste and it is very "yeasty". Used WLP001, so it should have been very clean but it tastes very similar to a Belgian yeast strain I used recently. It is still drinkable, but I don't think I'll be leaving a batch on the cake for 4 months after this experience.

Pull a few more pints off of that keg. All of the krud is concentrated in the first pint or three. I'm betting that the beer will clear with time, and the yeast flavor will fade.
Good Luck...

this might actually be a case of autolysis, though not very severe since you didn't retch when drinking it :)

Autolysis was the first thing I thought of as well when trying this batch. It's been in the keezer since last Thursday and I've pulled about three pints so far, hoping to pull the suspended yeast off the bottom. I refuse to dump a batch, so we'll just see how it tastes in another week or two.

sounds similar to when we last had an earth quake..... next pull was a glass of TRUB.... Nastyness... Cleared up in 3 day's though!

Latest posts

Back