Visiting Orlando in May - Any Breweries Worth Visiting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowden

Reaction score
Going to be in Orlando for a few days in May for work (although I wish it was now, tired of this snow...), and am hoping to have an evening or afternoon to check out local breweries/brewpubs. I will likely be limited to the city/downtown area only, essentially what I can access by foot or public transportation from my hotel.

Any suggestions for establishments worth checking out?

Thanks!

Heading there in March so I will be anxious to see the responses to this. I am with you on this snow and cold. Done with this winter.

If you are only able to find craft beer bars/ restaurants in downtown, look for Cigar City beers. The brewery is located in Tampa but their beers are all over and you can't go wrong with pretty much anything they brew. My favorite is the Jai Alai IPA that I get at my local grocery store within a week of canning. Their Maduro Brown is really good too as well as the Red Ale (forgot the name) and they make the best imperial pumpkin ale but I know that is seasonal and also very subjective.

I can't sympathize with the cold winter since I'm in Sarasota and it's going to be 82 here today, but I hope you have a good time while you're in FL and are able to find some Cigar City beers. Cheers!!

If you are only able to find craft beer bars/ restaurants in downtown, look for Cigar City beers. The brewery is located in Tampa but their beers are all over and you can't go wrong with pretty much anything they brew. My favorite is the Jai Alai IPA that I get at my local grocery store within a week of canning. Their Maduro Brown is really good too as well as the Red Ale (forgot the name) and they make the best imperial pumpkin ale but I know that is seasonal and also very subjective.

I can't sympathize with the cold winter since I'm in Sarasota and it's going to be 82 here today, but I hope you have a good time while you're in FL and are able to find some Cigar City beers. Cheers!!

Awesome - thanks for a the info, kifkroker! I will keep an eye out for it. I seem to recall hearing about that brewery and Jai Alain in particular from a guy in my Homebrew club who recently took a vacation to Florida.

Hi if you want to go check out a local brewery in Orlando, check out Orlando Brewing, it's in the downtown area where I also usually stay when I go. It's Orlando's only 'organic' brewery I guess that's another word for craft. Nice bar area and also a big outdoor area with benches and a stage so probably gets quite lively in the evenings. Tried a couple of decent beers there.

Cask and larder also came up as a recommendation a few times when I was there. Not had a chance to check it out yet though

Latest posts

Back