visit to the Holy Land

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

android

Reaction score
on the tail end of this summer's colorado vacation was a stop in ft. collins to see some old college pals, a few of who have been working for new belgium for a number of years now... i've had this tour before, but not since i started brewing... totally different perspective, this was an absolute blast! thought you all might be interested in some pics:

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00375.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00379.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

more to come...

this freedom resulted in my extreme drunkenness by the end of the night...

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

yeast cultivation/storage:
DSC00406.jpg

DSC00408.jpg

i really got a kick out of seeing this:
DSC00409.jpg

a few more, then i'm done!

nice view from the patio:
DSC00398.jpg

hop storage:
DSC00410.jpg

thought this was sweet also:
DSC00413.jpg

transatlantic kriek, if you get a chance, try this stuff, it was my ultimate demise!
DSC00414.jpg

liquid center:
DSC00422.jpg

cheers! :mug:

Great pics!

Thanx for sharing. It looks like it was a blast.

So I guess the unlimited tap access is part of the special tour you get when your friends work there.

Was it a tour or you just walking around having free reign. I think you pulled the fire alarm and ran in while everyone was running out. :D

Seems rather awesome there and super duper clean. The bar looks great as does the beer. Hope you enjoyed it and thanks for the pictures.

I think you pulled the fire alarm and ran in while everyone was running out. :D

hilarious... it was basically me and a few buddies (the ones who work there) wandering around for a few hours... the only places we didn't make it were the new bottling warehouse and the water treatment area...

Looks awsome! i've also found I see things from a totaly different perspective when i visit a brewry now that i brew beer

Great pics. Makes me want to get up there even more and check it out.

And I agree about that Transatlantique Kriek. Stuff is very good and that 8% is nowhere to be found. Great looking beer to boot.

Been there, done that. Oh wait... Strike the part about "done that"...

It must be nice to know people on the inside and be able to "wander"! Thanks for the pics...

ha! me too... i got there a little late though, drove down from the mountains that day.

We where headed home back to albuquerque from MN. We stopped in about 10:30 am. didn't know if it was open. But much to our surprise and good fortune they where indeed serving at the bar. So we had some breakfast beers. Got a growler filled with the dandoline ale and headed home. Good times!

That "biscuit" flavor of New Belguim's Fat Tire is what turned me on to good beer. Hundreds of dollars later and a heck of a lot more knowledge about beer, I still think they're one of the best breweries out there.

Thanks for posting the pics, OP!

Latest posts

Back