Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah yeah...

"Looks like that guy just killed you."

"Why? WHHHYYYY?"

Haha. First thought I had.

I do miss screwing up other people's questing efforts. Actually, that's what I miss most about WoW and D2.

I can't believe they took the friggin' easy way out for D3. That was the best part of the game. Enter game. Go hostile on everyone, run and find them, grief for as long as they could stand.

I have to admit, I am a video gamer too. Not a hardcore gamer, but I enjoy playing late at night when the family is in bed and I am not brewing beer! I purchased the Xbox One a month after it was released but haven't owned anything since the PS2, which I sold years ago!

What games do I play? The Call of Duty series is my favorite. Just started The Evil Within. The jury is still out on that one...

After a couple rounds of adding an Xbox One to my online cart, and then backing out. It is done. 1TB Master Chief bundle, Kinect, additional controller, more Eneloop batteries, and a copy of COD Advanced Warfare. To be delivered in a couple weeks.

My oldest, to be 9 years old this August, said he either wants and XBox One and COD or another XBox 360 so he can play games with all 8 of his friends. Given the XB1 will emulate the 360 it was a no brainer to give him "both". He'll just tell his friends to bring their controllers over. Only downside is that now I have to consider getting a Live Gold account for his profile so he can play online with restrictions.

After a couple rounds of adding an Xbox One to my online cart, and then backing out. It is done. 1TB Master Chief bundle, Kinect, additional controller, more Eneloop batteries, and a copy of COD Advanced Warfare. To be delivered in a couple weeks.

My oldest, to be 9 years old this August, said he either wants and XBox One and COD or another XBox 360 so he can play games with all 8 of his friends. Given the XB1 will emulate the 360 it was a no brainer to give him "both". He'll just tell his friends to bring their controllers over. Only downside is that now I have to consider getting a Live Gold account for his profile so he can play online with restrictions.

9 years old with a Gold acct is perfect.

That way he can tell grown men that their moms are fat after across-the-map-head-shots.

9 years old with a Gold acct is perfect.

That way he can tell grown men that their moms are fat after across-the-map-head-shots.

Bwahahaha. Like I said, with restrictions. Those being private online parties with known friends.

Is there another way? From what I have seen, at least on the 360, you have to have at least 1 Gold account logged in to open up the option for guests to play on the same console. My 9 year old currently has the free, Silver, account and it will not let him play any online content thus, no gaming with friends even in private parties.

Bwahahaha. Like I said, with restrictions. Those being private online parties with known friends.

Is there another way? From what I have seen, at least on the 360, you have to have at least 1 Gold account logged in to open up the option for guests to play on the same console. My 9 year old currently has the free, Silver, account and it will not let him play any online content thus, no gaming with friends even in private parties.

Some games have "invite-only" options built in... but I think it has to be Gold, like you said.

Some games have "invite-only" options built in... but I think it has to be Gold, like you said.

I think we are talking the same thing. We've tried the invite only option and it rejects it because his profile is not Gold. Even when my profile is logged in it rejects it if his profile is logged in too.

Have not tried just having my profile logged in and not his. Got too frustrated at that point. I miss the days where a family account was enough. But, IIUC, Xbox One has addressed some of this. True, or no?

Yeah... the one doing the invite has to have gold, if I remember correctly.

PSN wins again!

:D

Edit: Not sure on whether the One addressed this or not.

PSN wins again!

Meh, I don't agree. There just aren't enough exclusive to PS titles that appeal to me. And my children love to play Kinect games.

And now I need to start looking at the Xbox One catalog to see what used games I might want to pick up. Like Sunset Overdrive.

One time, I looked at an Xbox One and it gave me the derp-eye, I passed out and forgot who I was for three days. I haven't gone near one since. PSN for the win.

One time, I looked at an Xbox One and it gave me the derp-eye, I passed out and forgot who I was for three days. I haven't gone near one since. PSN for the win.

Yeah, console love is lost on me. I've only seen 1 game exclusive to PS that appealed to me. The Last of Us.

There was a time, long ago, when I had both the PS and XBox. Back in teh days when Blockbuster Video was around and rented games. 90% of the games I rented was on the XBox platform. So, when the PS3/XBox 360 came out it was a easy choice to go only Xbox. All was good until MS dropped the family account thing on Live. The only thing appealing about PS at the time was free online access. But, hasn't that changed now too?

The Last of Us is prob one of the best games ive played in a while. The story is amazing.

I got the ps4 for my bday from the wife. last of us came with it for free. i DLed the Destiny demo to try out and ended up buying it. a fun game but after lvl 20 you have to grind and raid and im not about that life.

patiently waiting for XCOM 2 on PC coming out in Nov. theres not much else on my radar.

Waiting patiently for my copy of Rory Mcilroy PGA tour to arrive today. Read some pretty poor reviews so in skeptical, but I need a golf game in my life and it's been two years since the last TW golf. I can sink countless hours into those and nearly perfected the game. Damn pesky course coins and insanely hard challenges. Oh well. Hopefully it doesn't suck

Hey, now *there's* the epitome of excitement, video game golf. As if the real version, which at least entails some walking around, isn't boring enough.

I kid, I kid. ;)

Hey, now *there's* the epitome of excitement, video game golf. As if the real version, which at least entails some walking around, isn't boring enough.

I kid, I kid. ;)

This, but at least the controllers have more hang time when you slice a swing. Repair costs are the same when you factor in the new window, tv, or other miscellaneous chotchkie ..

I kid, I kid. ;)

I've never been much of a golfer, and I haven't owned a golf video game in years, but back in college, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 for the Xbox was one of our favorite drinking games.

Lose a hole; drink a beer. Each hole you lose makes the next one slightly more difficult. Keep playing until you are physically incapable of doing so.

Nice. When I first got mine, I had DSL that was probably 4Mbps tops. That update took hours. Then the downloads for AC Unity and AC Black Flag probably took close to 24 hours each. That was ridiculous. I've since upgraded to 100 Mbps cable but I usually top out around 65 Mbps.

Nice. When I first got mine, I had DSL that was probably 4Mbps tops. That update took hours. Then the downloads for AC Unity and AC Black Flag probably took close to 24 hours each. That was ridiculous. I've since upgraded to 100 Mbps cable but I usually top out around 65 Mbps.

I too have cable. IIRC, they promise s'thing like 150mbps but I usually plateau at 100. I think it has more to do with the modem I have.

I too have cable. IIRC, they promise s'thing like 150mbps but I usually plateau at 100. I think it has more to do with the modem I have.

If your Modem is DOCSIS 2.0 then upgrading to a 3.0 modem should increase your speeds.

Anyone play/playing Witcher3?

I opted to get the Wolfenstein bundle (Old Blood/New Blood) instead of Witcher3 but that game does look interesting.

Witcher is definitely on my list of games to get. I've watched some people play it on Twitch and it looks cool. When it drops to $40-ish, I'll probably pick it up.

How is the Wolfenstein bundle? I'm thinking I need that. $44 seems like a decent deal for the bundle.

How is the Wolfenstein bundle? I'm thinking I need that. $44 seems like a decent deal for the bundle.

I dunno yet. Just ordered it today. Haven't even received my XBox One yet. But decided to start looking at what games we'd play.

So far, we've the Halo MC collection (XB Bundle), Dance Central (Kinect Bundle), Wolfenstein, Minecraft, COD:AW, Assassin Creed, and Too Many Me.

Had thought about getting the Outlast Bundle too but saw a youtube and it was not what I was expecting. Still on the fence about it cause I like the psyco-suspense games. Thought that is what teh Evil within would deliver but that game has bored me so far.

Witcher is definitely on my list of games to get. I've watched some people play it on Twitch and it looks cool. When it drops to $40-ish, I'll probably pick it up.

Wolfenstien is awesome. I loved that game. Its well worth the price. Beat the base game and now working on the old blood

Wolfenstien is awesome. I loved that game. Its well worth the price. Beat the base game and now working on the old blood

I had been looking to play it on the 360 but it was not available for download. Thought about looking at GameStop for used. Got bored at work and looked through the MS Store games and saw the bundle.

Anybody play Bloodborne? I find it to be a great game. If you don't mind dying every few minutes, I recommend it.

Deadpool is back on Steam. Picked it up yesterday. Not child-friendly by any means, but if you're familiar with the comic they captured his insanity/humor almost perfectly. Gameplay is pretty good so far.

Anybody play Bloodborne? I find it to be a great game. If you don't mind dying every few minutes, I recommend it.

I thoroughly enjoyed all the previous Dark Souls games but could not make it through one day of play time on Bloodborne. The environment/atmosphere is gorgeous but it seemed overly difficult to get a friendly soul to join your game. For me it was impossible. Maybe it was too soon after release, but I had quickly found myself stuck at the first boss fights unable to solo them. I may give it another try some day but Elder Scrolls owns my little free time right now.

Back