Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a damn shame, too. Really hoping Unarmed makes a comeback in the next single player release, as well as Unarmored.

Has there already been talk of this next release or just speculation and wishlists? I've got a huge crush on Bethesda. Now I want to pick up a pizza on the way home, throw on my batman pajamas and play Skyrim all night. My wife will probably let me hook up the PS3 in the bedroom so I can play from my bed fort... probably...

Has there already been talk of this next release or just speculation and wishlists? I've got a huge crush on Bethesda. Now I want to pick up a pizza on the way home, throw on my batman pajamas and play Skyrim all night. My wife will probably let me hook up the PS3 in the bedroom so I can play from my bed fort... probably...

Do eet

Has there already been talk of this next release or just speculation and wishlists?

Just speculation and wishlists, for all I know. FWIW, I think another Fallout's coming before another TES. Never really played Fallout, but I've watched some roommates deliver carnage while I was dicking around in Morrowind or Medieval 2:TW.

Just speculation and wishlists, for all I know. FWIW, I think another Fallout's coming before another TES. Never really played Fallout, but I've watched some roommates deliver carnage while I was dicking around in Morrowind or Medieval 2:TW.

I watched friends play Fallout for a while. When I finally got it, I couldn't play it. To me, it was like it would've been if you ran on foot from whiterun to winterhold and encountered at most, one skeleton.

Saw an article yesterday that Bethesda reserved the name "Redguard". That could be an interesting setting.

I watched friends play Fallout for a while. When I finally got it, I couldn't play it. To me, it was like it would've been if you ran on foot from whiterun to winterhold and encountered at most, one skeleton.

Saw an article yesterday that Bethesda reserved the name "Redguard". That could be an interesting setting.

That's not boredom, it's ambiance!

And maybe they'll take another stab at Cyrus the Redguard's story. With ESO being in the Second Era as well, maybe they're eager to start plumbing the history of the series a little deeper. Of course, it's a little problematic to have a "Hero of Hammerfell" develop in this new game who has never bothered a mention from any book that has yet been found or read in five games' worth of lore. All I've seen yet in the way of hoaxes about new release information has been complete Fus Ro Derp, but this might actually have promise.

I'm playing through Farcry 3 on Master again, because I don't feel like buying a new game and I no longer have time for the likes of Bethesda.

However, I'm not crafting syringes or upgrading any powers. It's a tad more realistic this way, but still kind of easy. Farcry 2 was so much harder.

Anyone play through 4 yet?

To me, it was like it would've been if you ran on foot from whiterun to winterhold and encountered at most, one skeleton.

Pretty sure I've had that feeling in Skyrim a number of times.

I loved playing Fallout late at night while the house pops and ticks in it's sleep. That desolate anticipation of what may be around the corner while exploring abandoned factories, etc...

Reminds me of my childhood days sneaking around the old abandoned hydro electric plant and empty warehouses.

Picked up the 3rd Witcher game. Aside from the proprietary hair rendering stuff messing up my screen its a pretty darn good game.

I was wondering about Witcher, it looks interesting but I can't justify buying anything new until we close on the house. Besides, every game I've bought on release day.. my friends end up buying 1-2 weeks later almost at half price.

@psylocide - My boss wouldn't shut up about Farcry 4, I've never played any of that series. Don't buy anything, you're getting a copy of Diablo 3 in your beer box I'm sending. You better get some quality time in with the wife and daughter this weekend, before its too late.

I was wondering about Witcher, it looks interesting but I can't justify buying anything new until we close on the house. Besides, every game I've bought on release day.. my friends end up buying 1-2 weeks later almost at half price.

@psylocide - My boss wouldn't shut up about Farcry 4, I've never played any of that series. Don't buy anything, you're getting a copy of Diablo 3 in your beer box I'm sending. You better get some quality time in with the wife and daughter this weekend, before its too late.

And... no one will ever see me again.

I love Farcry though, my favorite FPS series for single-player (outside of Half Life, but come on. Give us 3.)

And... no one will ever see me again.

I love Farcry though, my favorite FPS series for single-player (outside of Half Life, but come on. Give us 3.)

Maybe the problem was that I watched one of my friends play Farcry, and he is really bad at games. So it looked horrible lol. Its been on sale, maybe I'll sell a few beers on the corner and go pick it up.

1 was so-so, but I thought it was cool before 2 trumped it really hard.

3 is easier, but the story is good and there's so much to do.

I watched my bro play some of 4, but didn't watch long... ****. I should just get it from him, lol.

FC 1 & 2 were both great. Still haven't played 3 and 4, but they're on my list.

The only thing that bugged me about 2 was the respawning enemies at the bases. Kill everyone there, leave for 3 minutes, come back, and the base is fully manned again. Got repetitive as **** in some parts when you had to pass through the same base multiple times.

And of course HL is the greatest. I still play through HL1 every now and then. If Valve doesn't hurry up and announce solid intentions of making HL3, Ima kill someone. How long's it been since HL2, over a goddamned decade?

The only thing that bugged me about 2 was the respawning enemies at the bases. Kill everyone there, leave for 3 minutes, come back, and the base is fully manned again. Got repetitive as **** in some parts when you had to pass through the same base multiple times.

And of course HL is the greatest. I still play through HL1 every now and then. If Valve doesn't hurry up and announce solid intentions of making HL3, Ima kill someone. How long's it been since HL2, over a goddamned decade?

I assume by HL you are referring to Half Life. Have you heard of the Black Mesa third party Half Life remake?

www.blackmesasource.com Check it out.

3 is great man... no respawning goofyness. They'll try to take them back once in a while but the Rakyat are always there to defend... might get a couple bucks if you swoop in and help them out.

Yeah... Nov. 2004 was HL2.

I'll have to check out the Blackmesa one.

I like the Black Mesa remake.

They are now doing some kind of early access thing to really polish it up and finish it, but there is still a "legacy" mod available which is generally a lot better than replaying HL1 or the HL1 Source version, although it doesn't have the Xen levels, and some things work a bit differently than in the original game. The other thing that's different is the voice acting. That takes a bit of getting used to.

Surface Tension is still one of my favorite video game levels of all time.

EDIT: oops I see it's already been mentioned.

I'm playing through Farcry 3 on Master again, because I don't feel like buying a new game and I no longer have time for the likes of Bethesda.

However, I'm not crafting syringes or upgrading any powers. It's a tad more realistic this way, but still kind of easy. Farcry 2 was so much harder.

Anyone play through 4 yet?

4 plays pretty similar to 3 IMO. Charging into an enemy camp on the back of an elephant and f**king s**t up is immensely satisfying. :rockin:

I will warn you though...I ran into one glitch all the time where you capture an outpost and as you're driving away, your allies will radio that the camp is under attack. Just let it go. Even if you bail out your guys, you'll get the same notification next time you leave, ad nauseum. The outpost can't get recaptured, so just go about your business.

Starting to play Witcher: Wild Hunt. The graphics are so gorgeous! Gotta get used to the gameplay, though. I've been playing a lot of Skyrim recently.

Started playing Far Cry 3 this weekend. Definitely an improvement over FC2 with regards to the re spawning enemies and the weapons degrading at an absurd rate. The story's pretty weak though.

I need some Black Mesa in my life. I've heard it's a lot harder than the original. True?

I don't think so. It felt pretty comparable to me.

After playing a combined 800 hours in Destiny across three classes since launch. Finally.... FINALLY got a Gjallarhorn. On the Hunter, the one I use the least. Last person in my clan to get it.

Go fig. :p

I need some Black Mesa in my life. I've heard it's a lot harder than the original. True?

Me too.... need a laptop that can even play games. Haven't played Half Life in ages.

Started playing Far Cry 3 this weekend. Definitely an improvement over FC2 with regards to the re spawning enemies and the weapons degrading at an absurd rate. The story's pretty weak though.

I don't think so. It felt pretty comparable to me.

Far Cry 3 was a blast, the co-op portion was laggy but an interesting homage to Left 4 Dead's take on 4 player. FC2.... bugged out for me multiple times with game-killing bugs, couldn't even continue the story as NPC's weren't appearing where and when they should have been to advance the story. :(

Want FC 4 so bad but have to get rid of my backlog first. Which is loaded with some insane RPG's still that are going to take forever, damn impossible when I only get a few hours a week to play anything and that ends up being a couple missions with my nephew in Destiny.

I started playing Shadow of Mordor (aka Assassin's Creed: Middle-Earth) over the weekend, although I still have ongoing games of Diablo III and Dragon Age: Inquisition. My backlog is set for a while as well.

Actually, I might just sell back Dragon Age. I can't quite get into it. I feel like I'm going to unfairly judge every RPG against Skyrim now.

Actually, I might just sell back Dragon Age. I can't quite get into it. I feel like I'm going to unfairly judge every RPG against Skyrim now.

I just can't. I played the first Dragon Age straight through, almost had all the trophies and then they went and released a half dozen expansions and I wasn't about to spend that much money on a mildly entertaining game. I got the new one, played it hard for a day and realized it was the same, tired mechanics.

Anyone getting Elder Scrolls Online in a few weeks?

It can not come soon enough. I hope it doesn't disappoint, although I'm not too worried.

The PC version didn't exactly get rave reviews when it came out over a year ago. I don't have high hopes for the console version. :(

PC's are so elitist though. Console (for me) is for getting wasted and playing with friends.

I did try the PC version briefly, and it just felt like it was made for console already. As far as the looks and controls were concerned. So I just left it be so that it didn't ruin any of the excitement when it was released on console.

Wife just sighs and rolls her eyes at me whenever a commercial for ESO comes on tv.

PC's are so elitist though. Console (for me) is for getting wasted and playing with friends.

I did try the PC version briefly, and it just felt like it was made for console already. As far as the looks and controls were concerned. So I just left it be so that it didn't ruin any of the excitement when it was released on console.

Wife just sighs and rolls her eyes at me whenever a commercial for ESO comes on tv.

I was like you a year ago. I loved console and didn't play any PC games. I started getting Steam games on sale and haven't looked back. I haven't turned on any of my consoles in a long time by myself. Only time I play them is when friends come over. We will play some Wii games or multiplayer PS games. Though most of my friends use Steam so we do play a lot of multiplayer PC games together like TF2.

Back log...sigh, good to know I'm not alone.

You are never alone. :)

Am afraid to play Skyrim first for exactly this reason. Evidently it's set the bar pretty damn high. :p

I just can't. I played the first Dragon Age straight through, almost had all the trophies and then they went and released a half dozen expansions and I wasn't about to spend that much money on a mildly entertaining game. I got the new one, played it hard for a day and realized it was the same, tired mechanics.

That's a shame. Didn't mind the mechanics myself, if DAI is anything similar I'm getting my hopes in gear.

DA2 ... got boring REAL fast.

That's a shame. Didn't mind the mechanics myself, if DAI is anything similar I'm getting my hopes in gear.

DA2 ... got boring REAL fast.

I gave DAI to my friend who loves DA games and claims to be too broke to buy games. He sat down and played it to completion. There were days I had to go over and take him food, open the windows and spray him with Febreeze just to ensure his survival. I'm a bigger fan of open world games where you make your own decisions, hence my dedication to Bethesda. If you like DA, judging by the zombie-like shell of a man it made my friend... you'll likely enjoy DAI.

For the love of all that is good, get Skyrim man :cross:

Well, I didn't play the previous games in the series, so I was a little lost on the story. That much is ok, I can read a synopsis.

What annoyed me vs. Skyrim was the combat. I chose an elf/archer character, but without any regard for ammo/aim/etc, it's pretty boring. Just stand far away and spam on the attack button until the other guy dies. There's no satisfaction like there was bow-sniping somebody in the head, and it feels like it takes forever to kill anything.

I'll probably get ESO when it comes out, but I heard the hard drive install was around 60GB. Damn.

Glad I'm not the only one who can't get into Dragon Age. I think the story is infinitely more fascinating than Skyrim, personally, but the mechanics are way too micromanagey. I die a lot. Probably because I suck.

+1, Would you not drink a GREAT brew for fear of ruining another?

Exactly! It has generally everything you want. Even the things you don't want, you can just generally ignore them or mod them (if you're a member of the Master Race, wink).

What annoyed me vs. Skyrim was the combat. I chose an elf/archer character, but without any regard for ammo/aim/etc, it's pretty boring. Just stand far away and spam on the attack button until the other guy dies. There's no satisfaction like there was bow-sniping somebody in the head, and it feels like it takes forever to kill anything.

Just put down the bow, and pick up a Conjure Flame Atronach spellbook. Instant excitement.

Well, I didn't play the previous games in the series, so I was a little lost on the story. That much is ok, I can read a synopsis.

I'll probably get ESO when it comes out, but I heard the hard drive install was around 60GB. Damn.

Played a few hours of Dragon age and this is exactly why I stopped and haven't touched it in months. I downloaded it too so I won't even get some money back from a return. My archer character just stands back, I hold down the R2 button on my ps4 controller and he fires away. It is the most unexciting fighting experience ever. And like you said it takes FOREVER to kill anything. I tried switching to melee fighters in my players party just to get more satisfaction from battles but it's not much different. Hold down R2 and they swing away. Want to cast spells with your Mage? Just hold down R2 and watch them swing their staff shooting bolts of whatever to your hearts content. When everything's close to dead, you're probably forced to switch back to your main character to close a rift.

I picked up this game because someone on this very thread compared it to skyrim. Not sure what skyrim they were playing.

I gave DAI to my friend who loves DA games and claims to be too broke to buy games. He sat down and played it to completion. There were days I had to go over and take him food, open the windows and spray him with Febreeze just to ensure his survival. I'm a bigger fan of open world games where you make your own decisions, hence my dedication to Bethesda. If you like DA, judging by the zombie-like shell of a man it made my friend... you'll likely enjoy DAI.

For the love of all that is good, get Skyrim man :cross:

Oh for the love of..... :eek:

wow Ok thanks for the heads up. DAO swallowed my soul years ago. DAI may do even more damage.

Have Oblivion and Skyrim on the back burner shelf already, hard to play those type of RPG's when only have a few hours a week to game.

Don't think I can touch any of them until my SO goes away for another extended trip somewhere without me :p So long as I feed them the cats they don't care how much time I spend on the xbox.

How much febreeze did you go through?

Back