Very Happy 1st timer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbump

Reaction score
Bottled my first batch of home brew tonite. 49 bottles of Amber Ale. After 2.5 weeks of fermentation it looked like beer and smelled like beer. I've been bouncing off the walls since I bottled the last bottle. I celebrated with a MadHouse Hopburst and Twisted Pine Hoppy Boy! Today was a good day!!

Another one bites the dust. Welcome to the world of homebrewing and congrats on the first batch. See if you can manage to leave a sixer in the back of your closet for a couple months. It will be better the longer you can manage to wait. But don't feel bad if you can't. I never seem to be able to.

Congratulations! I live 1,230 miles from Mad House Brewery. Damn the three tier distrabution system!

Seriously, welcome to the obsession.

RM-MN said:
Congratulations! Do you have your 3rd batch fermenting yet?

I also just got going put my first brew down Monday night, struggling to keep temp up though, l'm using an old non working but fully sealed fridge any tips l don't wanna fail first attempt.

I had the same prob on my second brew I wrapped the fermenter in a blanket, and put a heating pad under it to warm it up.

I also just got going put my first brew down Monday night, struggling to keep temp up though, l'm using an old non working but fully sealed fridge any tips l don't wanna fail first attempt.
A 40watt light bulb.

Kingfish said:
A 40watt light bulb.

Thanks for that, pretty happy to have found you guys, as being very early in my brewing career l can see this is going to be my second home (not sure the cheese&kisses is going to be happy l found you guys) to bad hey. Cheers for beer.

Since most of us struggle to keep our fermenter temps down, what temperature are you trying to achieve? I like to start my ales where the temperature is 62 to 64 ambient and leave them for a week, then bring them to a 72 degree room for the next 2 before bottling. There are beers that should be fermented warmer than that so make sure you know what you are brewing.

Back