Very first all grain is this a good kit for me?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

az_native

Reaction score
As the title says I am going to start all grain brewing. With the seasons changing I wanted to do a Chocolate Milk Stout. I found this kit from NB http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/chocolate-milk-stout-all-grain-kit.html
Under the description they suggest using HLT and MLT coolers. Only problem is that I have only one 10 Gallon Rubbermaid MLT Conversion (flyguys build). I also have a Keg that I am going to put a ball valve on so I can use that to heat water. I realize I do have a lot of reading to do in my near future to start All Grain but I wanted to know if this is a good kit for my first all grain setup. Thanks guys for any info.

Looking through the instructions I don't see anything that you couldn't handle for your 1st AG batch. Brew day is very similar to my first AG experience. As long as you have a brew kettle, a mash tun, and a way to heat sparge water you will be ok. It sounds like your sparge is going to be heated in a Keg, so everything seems OK to me.

Agreed, they only recommend that because it is their system it's nothing specific to the recipe. You can brew any all grain recipe with any system/method you like, including BIAB (brew in a bag) just using your brew kettle. Looks like a nice straightforward kit if you want a sweet stout.

Latest posts

Back